02' [cheating on you]

𓇢𓆸

Baekhyun faces lighting up with genuine delight as he embraces D.O soon as he steps into the cozy ambiance of the private café, after months of not seeing each other.

The air is filled with warmth and joy as they settle into their seats, the familiar scent of freshly brewed coffee mingling with their anticipation.

"Man, it's been too long," Baekhyun exclaims, his eyes reflecting genuine happiness as he gestures for the waiter to bring over their drinks. "I've missed your serious face, you know?"

D.O chuckles softly, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Shut up."

As the evening progresses and the hours tick by, the café transforms into a sanctuary where the two friends find solace in each other's company.

Their laughter echoes through the air, intermingling with the low hum of background music as they catch up on lost time.

With each sip of their drinks, their conversation delves deeper, weaving through the intricacies of life as idols and the challenges they face behind the glamour of the stage.

"I never imagined it would be this tough," D.O admits, his gaze thoughtful as he swirls the amber liquid in his glass. "The pressure, the expectations—it's suffocating sometimes."

Baekhyun nods in understanding, his expression somber. "Tell me about it. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a fishbowl, with everyone watching my every move."

Their words hang heavy in the air, a stark reminder of the sacrifices they've made for their dreams.

But amidst the weight of their shared struggles, there's a glimmer of resilience—a testament to the unwavering passion that drives them forward.

"So, what's next for you, Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asks, his tone laced with genuine curiosity. "Any new projects on the horizon?"

D.O's eyes light up with a spark of enthusiasm as he shares his plans for the future, his voice brimming with passion. "I have a few projects at the moment. But if you're asking about the company, I might've successfully recruit Sehun."

Baekhyun grins, his playful demeanor resurfacing as he leans in closer. "I don't want to talk about this, but since you did, I have Chen, Xiumin, Kai and Chanyeol, all four in my hands."

"Tell me about it. What did you gave them?"

"Love and trust."

"Fuck off."

Their laughter fills the air, a symphony of camaraderie that transcends the boundaries of time and space.

And in that moment, the weight of their worries and uncertainties seems to dissipate, replaced by the warmth of shared laughter.

"I think it's time for you to find someone. You've been playing too much."

Baekhyun chuckles. "I may want to, but do you know," He stops, heaves a calm breath.

"She's like that old favorite song you can't help but hum along to," Baekhyun quips, his tone playful yet tinged with nostalgia.

Yeah well, of course he moved on. But to find someone else to replace her?

Nope, not yet.

D.O nods in understanding, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Well, if you ever need a DJ to spin some new tracks, you know who to call."

Baekhyun chuckles, the sound filled with warmth and affection. "You always were the hopeless romantic, Kyungsoo," he teases, a playful glint in his eye. "But for now, I think I'll stick to annoy you."

And in that moment, amidst the laughter and the shared camaraderie, Baekhyun finds solace in the simplicity of their friendship—a bond that transcends the boundaries of time and space, anchored by the unwavering support of a friend who knows him better than he knows himself.

𓇢𓆸

• to be continued. •