10. Secret Crush

River Lockhart

"Dude. How do I hit on Madeline?" Lucas asks, pointing at the girl who's sitting at a table far from us. I look over her and at him again.

"You are the dating expert, man. I should be getting advice from you." I point out the obvious, which is true. Lucas is the dating master.

Ethan comes to our table with some snacks and keeps them in front of us. He has bought a lot of things, which is strange because he eats only a little at all times.

"Alright. This is my treat for you guys because I need some advice," he says, and we eagerly nod. Free food can do anything. "How do I hit on the person I like?"

His question makes both Lucas and I groan. Ethan gives us a look of confusion as to why we are acting that way because, normally, we would be delighted to give freakish dating advice.

"I am in need of advice too," Lucas exclaims as a matter of fact.

"Same here. Because recently I kind of like someone, just like you guys guessed. But you aren't allowed to ask me who that is!" I quickly add at the end.

"Damn it. I wasted so much money on this food." Ethan says, making Lucas slowly take some of the snacks to his side. Ethan rolls his eyes, letting Lucas do anything with the food as his expectations have already been shattered.

We all stare into oblivion, not knowing what to do and helplessly trying to think of something.

Lucas starts speaking after a while, "You know. Madeline used to date this guy working at a bar. He smoked all the time. I thought she was into men like that, and so I was there, smoking a cigarette. She scrunched her face as soon as she saw me and went away." he says.

I smack Lucas' head, "Idiot. She probably broke up with that guy because he smokes too much! Plus, who said mimicking another guy makes you attractive?" I ask.

"What do you mean attractive?" Lucas questions, holding his head where I hit him.

"It's just... a speech I got from someone I know. It means the building of personality. There are things that make it attractive and unattractive." I explain.

"When did you learn this stuff?" he asks in surprise.

I shrug, "I was just thinking about his words."

"Who's words?"

"Someone I know."

We sigh again as we think about a plan to capture our love interests in our love trap. For Lucas and Ethan, pursuing their love interest won't be hard. Their crushes are obviously both girls. But to capture Officer Damian's attention for me... oh god, where do I even start?

But I do need an actual plan to get his attention!

"I am going to talk with her!" Lucas suddenly declares before getting up from his seat. He walks toward Madeline and sits in front of her.

Wow. He has a lot of confidence. No wonder he's the dating master.

I notice the two of them talking a little. It won't be hard. I just know that. Ethan also looks in that direction with an unknown expression.

"So, who's this person you like?" I ask Ethan, who sulks and mutters something under his breath.

"What? Mucus?" I ask what I seem to make out of the movement of his lips.

"Lucas."

"Which Lucas?"

"Lucas..."

"Lucas-" I gasp as I look at where Ethan is actually looking at. "What?!"