𝐥𝐢.

WONDERING TO HERSELF, trying to figure out what exactly was it that the brunette wanted to speak about, Y/N chewed on her pen while she shifted from side to side, her mind obviously not on the ravenette that stood beside her, noticing how out of place she was. Sure she was out of place whenever she was with him, but since she wasn't all that alert to see if he'd do anything to her, that's how he knew her mind was on another, and for some reason that caused him to pay even more attention to her. He didn't mind it whenever she feared him because she still had him on her mind, so this was different for him.

Phoenix shot out a hand and wrapped it around her shoulder, resulting in the shorter teen to tilt her head back to make eye contact with him, a confused hum vibrating out of her throat as she did so. He loved to touch her at random times, so this was nothing out of the ordinary, but for some reason she could tell the difference this time.

"What's the matter with you, Y/N?" Phoenix questioned with his sharp eyes wandering all around her body, making her grow even more tense while she stopped all of her movements as she tried piecing what it was she was going to say all together.

After a few moments of dozing off into the nothingness, Y/N just shrugged, her E/C eyes looking away. That simple action caused all alarms to go off in the males head, and he couldn't help but try to gain her attention once more. He didn't care what he had to do to get it, but since there was something so obviously wrong, he was going to get answers, he didn't care if he had to force them out of her.

Reaching a few fingers out to the H/C haired woman's face, he grabbed below her chin and made him stare back up at him, her eyebrows furrowing inwards due to that action, "Uhhh, what are you doing??"

"I wanna know what's wrong with you. You don't seem like yourself right now..." his voice turned raspy towards the end of what he had to say, but Y/N was too deep into her own mind to even notice. She wasn't trying to deal with the man at all, but she also didn't want to anger him so she just scoffed out, thinking of what lie to create so Gabriel wouldn't get into trouble with him.

That's when the girl pursed her lips before letting out a quick huff that made Phoenixes eyes glisten, "I just have a really hard test coming up, and I didn't study.. I just remembered it, so I'm pretty scared."

Phoenix slipped his fingers away from her chin, allowing her to look back down while he clenched his jaw, his head turning to the side a bit. He was trying to detect a lie, and normally it was easy, but for some odd reason this time it was really difficult. It wasn't like he could get mad at her for no reason, especially not now, so he shrugged it off and gave her a low, "Shit, we could ditch."

"No... I.. couldn't. I should just get it over with..." she blurted out the last part with her head aching towards the sides of her skirt, causing the teen beside her to stare down at her bare legs that hid underneath her skirt. Now he had many different thoughts running through his mind, he didn't know which to tackle first.

All he could do was watch her body and her movements, and before he knew it, the loud sound of the bell ringing filled the both of their ears, and the female was glad to be let loose from his long stare. Taking a step back, she crossed her arms around herself and chuckled awkwardly, "Yeah, well. I have to go and... take this test..! Need to get it over with, like I said.. and we already skipped together, so..."

Phoenix didn't say anything, he only let a frown that lasted for a split second cover his lips before he cleared his throat and straightened his posture to act as if he didn't truly miss her, "Alright, Y/N... Hope you do well on your test."

Turning on her heel, Y/N let out a low sigh of relief that only she could hear while making her way towards her class, still feeling the pair of blue eyes on her as she did so. She knew it would get over with eventually, so she continued following the route to her class until she paused, no longer feeling the eyes that once burned holes into her flesh. She but on her lip and turned once again, already knowing where she was going to next.

While she did this, the raven haired man from before clicked his tongue as he stuffed his hands deep into his pockets, wasting no time in following the young woman.

He was no idiot. He knew she was lying the moment she kept rambling about the test. Plus, she rarely ever moped about tests and things like that. She didn't have many friends, so she had nothing else to do except for actually pay attention in class, and it wasn't like she wanted people socializing with her either. If she were actually afraid about a test, she would mention it once, and that would've been it.