"Alphas and Alphas cannot mate. If you're with me, you'll never be able to have your own children."

He lowered his voice. "And then, there will be strange looks from others. You've always wanted to break free from your father, for that, you must keep climbing. But because of this, someone might deliberately trip you up..."

"Even so, do you still think these are trivial matters?"

Shang Yufei remained silent throughout. Listening to Bai Yue's torrent of words, he turned his head slightly. The black earring in his left ear stood out in the night.

"I..."

But before he could finish the word, Bai Yue's arm swung across, slamming into the wall behind him with a bang.

Shang Yufei found himself trapped between Bai Yue and the "mushroom hut". It was rare for Bai Yue to make such a forceful move, leaving Shang Yufei momentarily stunned.

"Look at me," Bai Yue commanded.

Then his arm lowered, pressing against Shang Yufei's shoulder. Shang Yufei lifted his eyes, meeting Bai Yue's deep green gaze.

—Releasing his own pheromones.

Alphas only feel hostility and rejection towards each other's pheromones. This was the fastest way for Shang Yufei to feel his own changes.

Although he didn't want to break up with the other person. But now that things were exposed, both sides had to consider whether to continue this relationship.

Bai Yue anticipated what would happen next. Perhaps they would end up fighting? Or Shang Yufei would overpower him with force; or he would use his pheromones to stun Shang Yufei first.

The pheromones slowly spread around the slide.

He could clearly see a hint of negativity on the other's face, as if trying to suppress the urge to release pheromones in confrontation.

Shang Yufei closed his eyes.

The air was thick with the familiar scent of the classroom—snow. It was subtle yet incredibly strong, engulfing them from all directions.

However, it flowed without direction.

He had been trained, he could endure it.

Opening his eyes, he was met with Bai Yue's fair and delicate face. Despite the seemingly provocative move Bai Yue initiated, his eyes were complex, with a hint of resolute determination akin to facing death.

Shang Yufei raised his hand, circling around Bai Yue's waist, closing the distance between them.

"What's with that expression? It's so ugly," he said.

Bai Yue was momentarily stunned. Then, he felt a strong force around his waist—he was pulled into an embrace.

Time seemed to stand still in that moment.

Familiar scent and warmth enveloped his entire body, deeply nostalgic.

For a moment, Bai Yue didn't know how to react, his body stiff, allowing the other to hold him.

His shoulder felt heavy, and Shang Yufei seemed to rest his chin on it. But Bai Yue couldn't see the other's expression clearly, only hearing the slightly hoarse voice whispering in his ear.

"I don't care about what you said."

"No matter how your appearance changes, it doesn't matter to me."

"If we can't have children, we'll just live in our own world."

"Whatever others think doesn't matter."

"Now, I just want to hear your thoughts..."

Shang Yufei tilted his head slightly, his mouth close to Bai Yue's ear.

"Do you want it to end like this?"

"..."

The voice was close. The warmth pressed against him, so comforting it brought tears to his eyes.

Bai Yue's pheromones carried the scent of snow. But at this moment, it seemed as if they were being melted away, gradually dissipating.

This abandoned space, where hardly anyone would come. Now, the dark clouds in the sky were scattered, revealing the bright moonlight hidden behind.

The soft, pale light flowed over the embracing couple.

Bai Yue unconsciously restrained his pheromones. His hands, which were hanging down, slowly lifted, and then firmly grabbed the back of Shang Yufei's shirt.

Originally, he had insisted on hiding the second differentiation, because he didn't want to break up with Shang Yufei because of it. That's why he kept avoiding it time and time again.

Even when the other person chased after him, he still worried that it was because he hadn't thought it through. But if he were asked his thoughts, that matter would never change.

The person he liked was Shang Yufei, and it could only be Shang Yufei.

He controlled his voice, trying hard to keep it steady. "I don't want to."

The strength in his hands increased further, holding onto the other tightly. "I'm sorry, I don't want to break up with you."

Feeling the other person's hesitation, Shang Yufei raised his hand and soothingly patted Bai Yue's back.

"Then, it's settled."

The moonlight became clearer, and the sky was as clear as ever.

A few minutes later, Bai Yue finally calmed down. Shang Yufei helped him up. "Let's go back, your parents must be worried."

Bai Yue stood up as well, but still hung his head. "Do they know too?"

Shang Yufei paused for a moment. "They saw your acceptance letter."

Bai Yue looked up. "Are you coming with me?"

"Of course," Shang Yufei chuckled and flicked Bai Yue's nose. "I told them I would personally bring you back."

Bai Yue didn't say anything.

Although his parents had always been open-minded, he didn't know if they would still approve of him being with Shang Yufei now that he had differentiated into an Alpha.

But even so, he wasn't prepared to give up.

"Let's go," Bai Yue composed himself and smiled at Shang Yufei. "Let's go home together."