Moral dilemma

Racing along a dark forest, the trees bended horrifically like a twisted fairytale. The line between life and death seemed to blur into a tragic unity as i turned. Everywhere i could see faces, the ones I'd killed and everything I'd left behind. An oppressive feeling seemed to hang in the still air, as i narrowly ran past a tree.
The forest seemed to be closing on me, agonizingly slow, the bark of the trees widening to resemble long-forgotten faces. Ones of fear, anger, pain. I screamed in desperation as the ground itself was covered with frost that enveloped the nature around me.

"Y/n.."

"Y/n!"

—————-
3rd POV

"Y/n!!!"

Y/n shot up in bed, gasping for air. Eyes frantically darting around the room, she let out a sigh of relief when she realized she was asleep under a tree. Lumine stood in front of her, concerned.
"I thought you were dead for a second, y/n. Your breathing was just abnormally slow!" Y/n raised an eyebrow at Lumine interrupting her little nap but plucked a flower stuck on one of her fox ears and tossed it away.

Lumine looked at y/n skeptically for a bit before speaking."so, what now? I've resolved the conflict and Ei doesn't know shit about where my brother is."
Y/n didn't care. She was starting to zone out again as her eyes decided to focus on a random leaf falling from a branch.

"But anyways, what about you?" That brought y/n back to her senses. That was true... y/n had done her part of the deal, she'd accompanied Lumine to Inazuma and (unfortunately, for Lumine was pretty irritating)prevented her untimely death. So what would she do now? Y/n continued to think as Lumine said something before smiling and leaving.

Y/n had no reason to stay in Inazuma.. She didn't know if she could just stay. Y/n was not going to cope well with the whole situation with Ei.

For a moment, Y/n wished she could just disappear. What was stopping her from just going back? She could return to Mondstadt, where she had peacefully spent centuries without a care in the world. She didn't have to think about Ei. She didn't have to worry, she had Venti and so many people back in the land of freedom.

Why shouldn't she go back?

But y/n had a feeling in her heart that Mondstadt wasn't her true home, Inazuma was and would always be her home no matter what. If she went back to Mondstadt, everything would stay the same. She'd keep running from her problems for a long time. Nothing good would ever happen.

But she wanted to go back. Y/n was happy there...

No.

She couldn't go back. Not without resolving her problems first.
————————————
Meanwhile
————————————
the shogun was pacing around in tenshukaku. Well, until the door was slammed open. A kitsune with h/c hair stood in the entrance, her e/c eyes filled with determination.

"Y/n, you're not allowed to-"

"Let me see her."

"...."

"..."

"..you owe me for this."

"Deal."
—————

Aha short chapter I'm sorry for disappearing for a month.

Btw i got my ears pierced but i get to skip swimming so yay....i guess...starting to question if it's better being forced to run on the field along with the other non-swimmers.

But anyways, i forgot this story existed for a bit. There's so much homework piling up and i have assessments coming up. Might take another short break although i swear I'll try to upload as much as possible 💜

Bye
-melon