Tranquility

TW: swearing, violence(of course), arguing, strong language
——————————-
"Why hello, Yae y/n.i've been expecting you for a while." Ei calmly stated as she slowly opened her eyes. A moment of silence stretched between the two.

Y/n's thoughts weren't so much as violent. She just wanted to walk over to ei and rip that stupid sword off her, before stabbing ei in the face multiple times.

Y/n's breath trembled as she pulled out her catalyst."we can do this the easy way or the hard way, ei. Let Lumine and i go." At this, Ei merely narrowed her eyes."i must do what is good for inazuma. You should understand this best of all, y/n." Anger rose in the back of y/n's mind. like you know what i think?! It was the worst thing for ei to say.Y/n would never agree.

"You think i understand that stripping innocents of their visions is good for inazuma? That locking yourself in the plane of euthymia, leaving the people to deal with a fake version of you will help?! LIKE ABANDONING EVERYONE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO ANY GOOD?!" She practically yelled the last few words. Y/n couldn't think straight, the audacity ei had to claim this was all for inazuma. How could she not see it was ruiningg everything?! Red clouded the kitsune's vision as she struggled to restrain herself from strangling ei.

Ei barely reacted to y/n's anger, and coolly met her gaze."i am doing what is the best choice. There was only one option." Ei said, remaining calm and composed. Y/n wanted to walk over and slap that expression off the electro archon's face.

"There is never only one choice, ei... there might have been better options, maybe one that didn't include closing yourself off and still expecting the people of inazuma to admire and bend to your every will."

Ei's calm expression faltered slightly but it was gone within the next second."well maybe you could have reasoned with me, before running off to Mondstadt for 500 years and leaving our home behind like nothing."

Y/n couldn't believe the words she'd just heard. The audacity of ei to turn the blame onto her."you wouldn't let me speak to you. What else could i have done, tried to break into a plane of existence that's almost impossible to enter without you?"

"You know what, ei, I'm done. I've always thought about you, wondered how we could get back together. But i can see that i mean absolutely nothing to you."y/n turned to Lumine."traveler...do your thing."

-timeskip-

"AGH!"Lumine painfully landed on the ground, suffering another blow of electro. Ei had her sword raised, ready to perform another attack. Luckily, since lumine had inflicted electro onto the archon, y/n was readier than ever to dash at her and unleash a barrage of cryo.

SupERcoNduct

The electro archon stumbled back, cryo flickering around her for a moment before it disappeared and she got up.

"You've lost, Ei". The sweet voice of Yae miko smugly sounded from behind y/n. "Miko, perfect timing." Y/n said, her voice a bit shaky. She couldn't think about Ei anymore, as a portal appeared behind her and she disappeared front he plane of euthymia, dragging lumine behind her.

-timeskip-

After miko and ei had a long long talk, miko re-emerged from the plane of euthymia."it's fixed. Ei is abolishing the vision hunt decree." As ,happy as y/n felt, she couldn't shake off her frustration. Miko had easily taken 5 minutes to convince ei while y/n couldn't get a single word in without it being countered. It seemed ei really didn't care.

Not that y/n was mad, you can't be disappointed if you always expect failure. But still, it stung just a little. She forced herself to smile lightly as the shogun approached.
"Ended the vision hunt decree?"
"Yup."
"Convinced ei?"
"Yup."
"Miko took 5 minutes?"
"Yup."
"Ei refused to hear you out?"
"You could be a great fortune teller."
y/n sighed as the shogun shrugged."I'm now tasked to return the visions to their rightful owners. Not a problem, but it'll take some time.i shall get going now, thanks y/n." As the shogun left. Y/n watched as lumine excitedly talked to miko about how amazing it would be now that the vision hunt decree is gone and people can have their ambition back blah blah she found it hard to focus on a thing the traveler said.

Y/n watched as people cheered in the streets, and the city seemed more lively. Well, at least they were happy now even if ei was still being an unreasonable bitch.
Y/n recalled the feeling she'd felt when facing off against ei. It was empty, like there was just nothing left for her and Ei. Y/n was aware of her feelings for the archon.

In fact, she'd been aware a long time ago. She just hadn't realised. But now.... Everytime she thought about ei, she just felt angry and betrayed. Buried Underneath the hatred was still the smallest amount of hope that maybe one day, they'd all be fine and she could be with ei again.
She hoped that soon everything would be settled , and she would learn to forgive and forget everything that happened even if she did hold grudges. She could learn to stop hating ei, once it was all over.

But y/n knew it was far from over.

——————-

Hello my amazing readers! Ik i haven't posted for a really long time but i have a lot of schoolwork lol. Anywayayayay i have a lot of competitions and shit coming up so it will take longer to post. My saddest apologies :(

Anyways at lunch i had the time to make a full-color, more than 0 effort drawing unlike the other 2-minute sketches i made. Remember you can imagine y/n anyway you want, this is just how i imagine her 💜

Transcience: the state or fact of lasting only for a short timeI meant it to be the opposite of Ei's "eternity" so i chose transcience since it was the nicest word for short time i could find

I meant it to be the opposite of Ei's "eternity" so i chose transcience since it was the nicest word for short time i could find

Tbh most of my effort went into the cryo vision and eyes :')

Anyways thats it. Don't worry our dear kitsune's problems are far from over just like what the chapter said ✨

Until next time,
-melon