Ei's dilemma

Hiiiiii i have risen from my grave to write another chapter after my break to do ridiculous amounts of schoolwork^^

I have free time so here you go, the Ei POV we all needed :D
- melon
————————————————————-
Ei POV

"Ei, look at these cool ribbons i made myself!"

I looked back smiling to see y/n holding purple ribbons in her hands, smirking proudly.

"Did you really make this?it looks out of you skill range not gonna lie.i never knew you did anything other than fighting!"

Y/n gave me a murderous smile as i acted completely oblivious. It was one of the rarer days I'd been happy since Makoto's death but it knew it wold probably change soon.y/n didn't know what plans i had in store for Inazuma but it was better for her not to know as of the current conditions.

"You can keep it, i made it so that this will attach to the back of your vision.just like a cute pin!"(yes its the ribbon thing on Ei's vision along with the ropes)

I held the bow in my hands and looked at it in awe. I hadn't received such a nice gift for very long, especially from y/n. I had been so cold to her yet she always kept up that enthusiastic smirk when the world around us was shattered to bits, fading traces of the life I'd left behind.

"Y/n....you won't leave me like everyone else right?you are the only one i have left apart from Miko."

Y/n smiled serenely as she clasped her hands with mine.

"I promise!"

...

Alas, many promises are meant to be broken.

It's been hundreds of years since that day.i don't know what i was doing when i told y/n my plans, but there was a feeling she wouldn't approve. Of course, how could i have been that naive?nobody knows.

I traced my hand over a spot just a bit under my eye, a small scar from when y/n had attacked me.

(Btw here's the ribbon from earlier cuz i just got the picture now :D)

If only i could see her just once again, i wish I'd had enough time to tell her how i truly felt

"I LOVED YOU!"

Those words echoed in my thoughts like a vivid memory, flowing throughout until i could remember nothing but those hateful words that came from her before she left.

"Y/n....where have you gone?"

I sighed.it was nothing to think about now, since I'd never know what happened to her.

————————————————-
3rd POV

Ei was idly spectating the shogun's daily affairs when something caught her eye. Just a mere glimpse, but she could've sworn she saw familiar streaks of h/c hair out of the corner of her eye.she commanded the shogun to take a closer look.

No.

Standing there, at the base of the statue, was...y/n? Impossible!

But it had to be possible.Ei could recognize the fox ears and familiar flower-patterned cloak of the one person she wanted to see.

Y/n turned around slightly, and Ei noticed y/n looked A LOT taller.(i wrote this for my own satisfaction because even im shorter than xiao. Sorry for the tall people but like IM LITERALLY 4-5 FEET SOMETHING WTF)

Unfortunately, Ei blinked once and y/n's figure was already gone.had that just been a hallucination or...

Was it really the lost love who left her behind after all these years?
———————————————-
Shogun POV

"Did you see that, was it y/n.?"

I could hear Ei's voice in my head.i had obviously seen y/n too but knew that Ei could go to extreme lengths to get y/n back.

"No, it was probably just your hallucination..."

I instantly felt a sharp pain in my head.

"DON'T LIE.I CAN READ YOUR THOUGHTS,FORGOT?"

"Okay FINE! It was y/n.but even if she's here now, what will you do? Surely she won't want to even look at you again."

I nervously picked at my fingernails. This was pretty bad. Just then, a guard ran up to us.

"Almighty shogun, we have found what appears to be the 100th vision user!the ceremony shall begin whenever you like, we can gather all the people."

"Well then..."
...
——————————————-
Ei POV

I now knew that y/n had returned to inazuma, but had a problem.

If i decided to conduct the vision hunt decree's 100th vision taking ceremony, i could finally achieve the dreams and ambitions i sacrificed so much for to ensure the safety and eternity of  Inazuma's people.but in the process, y/n would continue to despise me greatly and it made my heart hurt every time she gave me that hateful expression.she could return to Mondstadt and I'd lose my chance to reconnect with her after so long...

On the contrary, if i canceled the ceremony then it was possible she'd forgive me and return to inazuma.then she wouldn't leave me again so we'd finally go back to how it used to be.but I'd obviously lose my chances at taking that vision since she could leave anytime if i conducted it, and it isn't even guaranteed that she'd forgive me.then i would lose both in the process.

I wasn't going to gamble everything I'd sacrificed and worked so much for away in one single move that probably might not even work.

"The ceremony shall start in a week."

Why does my life have to be so complicated?
——————————————————

HELLOOOOO MY DEAR PEOPLE

I have risen from the dead.jokes aside, im sorry for not posting in a while.i kinda got so busy i forgot wattpad existed :)

So yeah i was in the middle of writing this when i realised we have to go the the delusion factory first so like yeah-

Anywayssss if im feeling generous next chapter we shall meet our child scara again :3
Ngl its gonna be hella serious when i imagine it in my head ;-;

So yeahhhh stay tuned <3

-melon