Christmas special

"INAZUMA SHINES ETERNAL!"

Y/n hadn't expected to get herself into this mess.

It all began a typical December morning. Lumine had introduced the concept of Christmas not long ago, and the whole nation was loving it. Festive lights were everywhere, as snow fell over the city of Inazuma.

Unfortunately, the Kitsune had underestimated how hard it would be to prevent chaos.

Now, she stood in front of a mess. A burnt tray lay on the floor, with strange chunks of dough vaguely resembling gingerbread men. The oven was on fire, The floor was slightly burnt, and one of the curtains was singed on the end.

And who was sitting on the floor, surrounded by this chaos?

None other than Raiden Ei, of course.

"Okay.... What the fuck happened here?" Y/n groaned as the Musou No Hitotachi was laying on the floor emanating a brilliant electro hue.

Ei promptly explained that she'd wanted to surprise everyone and make cookies, but the state of the kitchen revealed how far she got.

"Alright, get up." Y/n dragged Ei up onto her feet(shes in her physical form, the shogun is out doing stuff). After that, Y/n cleaned up the mess as she raised her hands."Elemental skill."she sighed and a field of cryo filled the room, freezing up all the stains and making them. easier to clean up. Just then a certain Yae Miko entered the kitchen, looking equally concerned before breaking into a smirk.

"My my~ it seems that Ei made some cookies... or at least, tried to."chuckled the pink-haired kitsune as y/n gave her the side eye.

"Okay we are wasting a lot of time, we should go soon."Y/n stated as Ei nodded in acknowledgement.

After around an hour of missed time, everyone went to the Kamisato estate where ayaka and ayato were waiting. Yoimiya also arrived. Everyone gathered in the main room, as a beautiful christmas tree glimmered in the morning sunshine.

"Oh, Traveler you're here!!"Ayaka squealed as Lumine, in all her glory, entered the room.

Y/n resisted the urge to roll her eyes as Lumine sat down at the front, and everyone took a box out of the Christmas tree. Lumine had convinced all of them to try doing secret Santa, which did sound quite fun!

Y/n had ended up getting Ayato. She barely knew the guy, but he definitely liked boba tea for some reason so she'd used her crochet skills to make a cute boba plush.

Everyone held their breaths as Lumine was the first to open her present. Inside was an ornate hair accessory, with a mistletoe design as Lumine pinned it into her light blonde curls(curls?locks?who knows). Y/n recognized the style, and realised it had to be Miko who'd gotten the traveler.

The rest was uneventful, mostly. Y/n could tell who got what from who mostly. Yoimiya got a custom firework kit from Ayaka, who'd gotten a snow-patterned fan from Ayato.

Ei opened up a large box to find a beautiful necklace. The only person remaining was Lumine, and Y/n felt a bit ticked off that she out of all people had been the one to get the electro archon.

Then it was y/n's turn.

She opened up the box and her breath caught in her throat. It was a brand new hourglass, like the one Ei had given her long ago. This one had a fancy and intricate design,with snow patterns adorning the gleaming wood. She immediately knew who it had to be from.

^basically it looks like this but imagine snowflake designs in some places(sorry dark mode users i know it looks weird af)

Everyone would be meeting in the afternoon, so y/n decided to take a walk with Ei. Looking at the blooming cherry blossoms, y/n couldn't help but feel irritated as she tried to reach for one.(sorry tall people). Seeing her dismay, Ei chuckled as she plucked one of the flowers with ease and placed it in the girl's hair.

Y/n raised her head up enjoyed the cool winter breeze. Until she heard a rustling in the trees, and quickly whipped out her catalyst.

"Well well well, what do w-"Scaramouche was cut off as a rock landed smack in the middle of his forehead.

"Wow Kunikuzushi, way to come back during christmas."
"Chriswhatnow?" The balladeer looked confused as his eyes slowly drifted from the exasperated kitsune to the electro archon next to her.
"Well fuck- not this bitch again"

Timeskip

After dealing with the annoying child,Everyone met up in the town square as most of the ground was covered in white, snowflakes still drifting towards the buildings and shops.Ayaka and Lumine were laughing hysterically as they seemed to be having a great time. Until, unnoticed,

The tranquility was interrupted when Miko launched a snowball smack into the head of Ayato.

All hell broke loose.

Snowballs flew everywhere, as y/n coughed out snow onto the ground before then being assaulted with another barrage of snow by yoimiya. Well, she was the wrong kitsune to mess with. Y/n smiled menacingly as the snow around her literally started to float, electro energy crackling around her as she glared at the firework girl.

"Ohhhh shit." Yoimiya was hit with superconduct as she went flying into the wall. Kujou sara turned up to give everyone a piece of her mind but quickly backed off when she saw the electro archon supporting all this chaos. Ei was enthusiastically sitting atop a tree as she effortlessly slashed any snowball coming her way in half.

Well, all this ended up in Thoma(who was escorting ayaka) being knocked out cold by a snowball ball as the entire battle halted.

Ayaka:oh nooo Thoma!

Y/n:uh.. should someone get him to the hospital?

Ayato:i think he's dead-

The fight finally calmed down as ayato dragged Thoma off to the infirmary. Everyone laughed and the air was filled with a pleasant happiness. Warm chatter was heard in the streets as the sky started to turn dark, and lights everywhere began to give off an ethereal glow. By now, y/n could see her breath turning to frost in the freezing night air.

The city was lit with colorful lights as y/n sat on a balcony watching the enjoyable conversations the people had, buying delicious-smelling street food.y/n decided to grab some dango on the way back to the tenshukaku, as she knew Ei would enjoy them.

As fireworks lit up the night, y/n closed her eyes and smiled. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

———————

Yo wsp i know i promised it earlier but i forgot i was going to japan 😭

Anyways sorry if there wasnt much Raiden x Y/n content, i mostly meant for this to be sort of a funny and sort of wholesome side chapter. Plus im not great at writing romance scenes lmao-

Anyways since im back now, might upload a bit more before term starts in around a week.

I hope everyone has a great christmas!

Best of wishes,
Melon