Chapter 23: The Hole

"Dokja-ssi?"

Lee Hyunsung was looking at me with a frustrated expression. I nodded.

"We will enter."

"Ah, then…"

"Still, it's very dangerous to enter with a lot of people. Lee Hyunsung-ssi and Jung Heewon-ssi will wait here at the boundary. If something happens, I will give you a signal."

The startled Jung Heewon asked,

"Surely…you don't intend to go with only Gilyoung?"

"Gilyoung's ability will be helpful in pursuing them."

The moment she tried to strongly resist, I raised a hand and called to Lee Hyunsung,

"Lee Hyunsung-ssi. Jung Heewon-ssi isn't in a good condition so please take care of her."

Lee Hyunsung seemed to realize something.

"I understand."

"Wait a minute. I am fine!"

"Jung Heewon, confidence is good but don't be reckless."

"…"

Jung Heewon's breathing was uneven. She wasn't completely healed from the poisonous fog.

"Choi Han, hyung and Namwoon, I will be going in the hole with Dokja. Ok? Behave and take care of those two."

Cale eyed all of them and put on a serious expression. Although it didn't really look serious and more like a pout.

"Ok.. /I'm not a troublemaker. / yes!"

All of them responded back to Cale at the same time and Cale nodded.

Me and Gilyoung were about to go in the hole when I saw Cale walking up to me.

"I will be going with you."

I just nodded. I peeked over Cale's shoulder to see the three guys. They looked viciously at me. Chills ran down me and I shivered. Then, I felt a hand holding on to mine.

"Dokja-ssi? Are you cold?"

I froze. Cale still had his stoic face but but I sensed a hint of worry in his voice. I felt my face turning red so I quickly pulled my hand back from his grip.

"I'm ok."

"Alright then."

Then, we left the five people and entered the hole.

"This way."

The darkness was so deep that I couldn't see anything, so I could only move forward with Lee Gilyoung.

"Excuse me hyung."

Lee Gilyoung called out to me.

"Did you do it on purpose?"

"…What?"

"When that uncle grabbed noona, you let it go."

I had a moment of hesitation. In the darkness, Lee Gilyoung's fingertips were strange. Before I could ask how he knew, Lee Gilyoung spoke,

"At that time, I was looking at hyung's face."

He was watching me even in those short moments. A very scary kid. It was no good hiding from a person who was so quick.

"Yes, that's right."

The answer was terrible and a message bomb was set off in my head.

[Constellations of absolute good frown at your cruelty.]