Chapter 5 : Picking Up A Teen

It has been 3 days since the incident and all I can say is,

"What the fuck."

"Mister Henituse?"

"Ah, it's nothing miss."

I kept feeling someone's gaze at me, they might even pierce a hole right through me at this point. They keep looking at me and following me everywhere I go.

So, I went to confront them. After school, I hid somewhere I've found that no one goes to. It was the perfect spot since there was nowhere to hide either. I went there and the person took the bait. However, whoever was following me, I did not expect it to be this person.

"Kim Namwoon?"

"Ah, hi… teacher."

Kim Namwoon gave an awkward smile to Cale as Cale just continued to look at him, until he finally spoke.

"You're the one that kept following me and looking at me?"

Flinch. Kim Namwoon flinched at what Cale said, however did not deny it. Instead, he just hung his head low. It quite reminded him of Choi Han so he went to comfort him.

"Listen, I'm not mad, I just want to know why you kept following me. I was quite scared, you know?"

Kim Namwoon flinched again after hearing that Cale was scared. He hung his head even lower.

"I'm sorry…."

"It's ok. But why were you following me?"

Cale was speaking softly and slowly, much like coaxing a child as he spoke to Kim Namwoon.

"I…. I…wanted to make sure you're safe… and… thank you for your help…."

Cale was quite taken aback at the response but, he guess he understands? It was one week before the incident happened and he had been observing Kim Namwoon.

He would have really dark eye bags as if he was deprived of sleep and skinny as if he was malnourished, he would mostly stay in his seat all the time and sleep and he'll flinch slightly at the physical touch of anyone too. It was obvious he was abused.

The child would always get in trouble and fight when defending someone and every time, they would just blame him without hearing his explanation.

It was probably the first time someone defended him and believed him.

"Ha.. It's ok, you don't need to apologise. It was a small matter anyways. And… Thank you for wanting to keep me safe."

Cale smiled at what he said last and looked at Kim Namwoon before his expression turned serious.

"Kim Namwoon-ah, please be honest with me when I ask you this question."

"H-huh? Ok…."

Kim Namwoon seemed shocked at the sudden seriousness and answered back in a trance.

"Are you… doing well at home?"

Kim Namwoon's eyes widened at that. Cale was just looking in pity. He knew it wasn't his place to poke, however, Kim Namwoon quite reminded him of the children averaging 9 and Choi Han, so he couldn't help it. If he could help, he would.

"I… I'm..not…"

"Mm… I see. Is there anything I can help with?"

Tears were threatening to come out of Kim Namwoon's eyes after Cale said that. Cale went closer to Kim Namwoon and hugged him and patted him in an attempt to comfort him.

Kim Namwoon returned the hug as well, he was hugging tightly, clutching onto the only source of support, as he softly spoke in a trembling voice.

"My… my parents kicked me out of the house after the fight that day… They said they were tired of me… I… I'm currently living in a rented room… since they still gave me a bit of money…"

Cale's eyes darkened more and more as he heard what Kim Namwoon said. He was angry. Angry at those useless parents. Angry at people who didn't take these signs of abuse. Angry at the world for letting such a child suffer. And… angry at himself. He noticed all these signs yet, he didn't reach a hand out to help, all for the sake of not wanting to get involved with him. He was angry, furious, at himself.

"I see… then, want to stay at my place?"

Cale smiled as he said that and Kim Namwoon slowly lifted his head up. He was looking at Cale with scattered eyes. Probably not being able to comprehend what Cale said. He slowly spoke after a moment of pause.

"Can I… can I really? Would you really allow me to? Do I even… deserve it?"

Cale felt a pang to his heart after hearing Kim Namwoon say that. He made a decision after that, he would make the people who did this to him pay. But… he didn't really have to, since the apocalypse was coming anyways. But he was angry.

" Of course, of course… you didn't do anything wrong anyways… Why don't you deserve it? Come, I'll follow you to the place you rent and bring you to my place. Mm?"

Still trembling, Kim Namwoon weakened his embrace and held Cale's hand, whispering.

"O.. Ok…."

"Hmm, good."

Cale smiled at that. They went to where Kim Namwoon stayed and Cale paid for the rent. Kim Namwoon had a shocked face when he saw how Cale threw money at the tenant.

When they arrived at Cale's home, Kim Namwoon's face became even more shocked as he looked at everything.

"Woah… teacher! You really stay here?! It's like a whole mansion!"

The place was so fancy and luxurious, he had sparkles in his eyes as he looked around. Maids and servants walking here and there. Cale had a smile on his face as he saw him, he thought,

'Right, children are still children. No matter what age they are. I'll make sure he's happy.'

After a tour of the house, Cale cooked for them and they ate, the atmosphere was cheerful.

"Kim Namwoon-ah, just call me Cale. We're only one year apart anyways."

"Re-really?!"

"Ya."

Kim Namwoon's eyes seemed to glisten at that as he spoke again.

"Then, call me Namwoon only too."

"Hmm, ok. Namwoon."

"Thank you, Cale."

After the meal, Cale called a maid to prepare a room for Kim Namwoon. And, while waiting, Cale forced taught Kim Namwoon to do his homework. Kim Namwoon looked as if he had circles going around his head as he did it.

The happy days went on until the day of the apocalypse came.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Hi my lovelys 😘😘

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CRINGED WHEN WRITING THIS😭

I'M SO BAD AT WRITING ANGST

LIKE WHAT THE HELL HOW CAN SOMEONE BE THIS BAD. 😱

But me apparently. I'm just this bad. 😢

You get the name of the chapter right? Cuz cale picked Namwoon up you get? Haha. I'm funny. Laugh. 😡

Err I'm going to write the next chap now, dunno if I can make it to publish it today tho.

Bye~ 👋☺️