Chapter 15: Vicious Beating

"Sigh…."

After getting out of the ichthyosaur and reaching land, the first thing I need are clothes. My clothes was melted by the ichthyosaur's fluids so it was necessary.

I searched some stores however…..many of the clothes from stores were gone. None of the clothes fit me.

…It couldn't be helped then. I rummaged through some bodies and grabbed clothes that roughly fit. Then I headed to a nearby convenience store. I grabbed a few plastic bags and swept in food randomly. Unfortunately though, there weren't many, food would be a valuable trading item after going underground. 

But fortunately, I could still fill three or four bags. It seemed that the colour of the monkey's lungs were becoming darker. There wasn't much time. Then I heard someone's voice.

"Help…help me."

A young woman was lying down in a corner. Her jacket was half removed and a bit of her skirt was torn.

"Are you okay? Can you stand?"

"Uhhhh…"

I wanted to take a closer look but I didn't have time. I picked up the woman and ran to Geumho Station. Exit 3 was closed, then the woman I was carrying told me to go to Exit 4.

I ran towards Exit 4. Then I found a fire shutter that was rolling down and the thorn in the gap of the shutter that was trying to close. Somebody yelled out.

"Shit, what is this?"

"Open the door."

"N-No! You can't come in! Go away!"

"There is a wounded person."

"We are already in a full state! We don't need any more people!"

"I don't care about that."

"Uwaaaaack!"

A loud sound could be heard and the people on the other side of the shutter became nervous.

"R-Run away!"

I entered the station safely. Then, I lowered the shutter and put the girl down on the floor.

[You have entered the safety zone.]

"Put this in your mouth."

"Umm…"

A faint groan emerged from the mouth of the woman.

"There he is!"

I squinted my eyes as light from a flashlight approached from the darkness, I saw men holding metal pipes.

[The constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' frowns at the appearance of the uninvited people.]

A big man who was in the middle opened his mouth.

"Who are you?"

"Kim Dokja."

"…Kim Dokja? That is your name?"

"Yes."

"Who asked that? What is this bastard?"

"U-Uh! That woman…"

One of the men spotted the woman beside me and shone the flashlight on her.

"What, isn't that woman from the marginalized group? Didn't you come back with her?"

"T-That is…"

The man's flashlight moved in a harassing manner near the woman's waist.

"…Ha, so it was like that. Cute guys. Why did you do that without hyung-nim's permission?"