First time

Destined

What is destined? If I ask this question I am sure the people around me will answer that it means something is bound to happen in your life even though you resist it.

And I agree with it but to get what is destined, there is a long path ahead. Just because two people are destined to be together, it doesn't mean it's so easy for them to live happily ever after. We have to work for it. We have to prove that no matter what the circumstances are, we will stand by each other till the end of our lives.

Although Rudra and I are destined to get married and live together, there is a long way ahead. He is successful and well known while I am just a nobody. I have to learn more, grow more to be able to stand beside him. The way I am proud of his achievements, I also wish that he would be proud to have me as his wife and I will work for it.

" I missed you." Bhavya hugged me the moment she saw me at the entrance of the dormitory and I smiled.

" I missed you too." I said while pulling back and she looked at my luggage.

" Are you moving back here?" She asked and I shook my head.

" I need to save time as I am working on my thesis. I plan to submit it before February." I said and her eyes were wide. 

" That's amazing." She said and took my luggage while handling my books.

" You were going to class?" I asked while looking at the books and she nodded her head.

" I was heading towards the library but I am lucky I met you here." She said and I raised my brows confused. 

I thought she abruptly canceled her plan because of me.

She stopped walking and turned towards me.

" I have a few questions. I hope you don't find me explaining them." She turned towards me and said and I smiled at her.

" Pleasure is mine, darling." I said and we both giggled. 

We came towards the room we were assigned. 

" Shreeedhhaaa!!' i heard Anushka's voice from behind me and I turned back to tok see her running towards me.

" How was the function?" She asked while hugging me and I smiled again.

" All good. I have news by the way." I said and they both shared a look before urging me to say.

" Wait here. Let me get your bed and the room cleaned." Bhavya said .

" No it's alright. I can clean it myself." 

" That's not it Shri. There must be a medicinal odor." Anushka said while heading in with Bhavya while I stood outside the room and they both cleaned it before inviting me inside.

" Thank you." I was overwhelmed and sat on my cot while they grabbed their chairs to hear the gossip.

" You guys are unbelievable." I said while laughing at them and hung the coat at the hanger.

" Just tell me the news." Anu said and I pressed my lips into a thin line before raising my left hand up and showing them the ring.

Their mouths parted and eyes were wide open. They wanted to say something as I was too waiting for them to say something but they couldn't. After a moment, Bhavya held me and had a look at the ring.

" When did you get engaged?" She finally asked and I smiled.

" It's not official yet. The official engagement is going to be held in the month of February. He insisted on gifting me the ring si I didn't had any other option but to let him slip it on my fingers yesterday morning." I said and they were so pleased to hear already yet their eyes glow with curiosity.