Change in plan

I woke up and brushed my teeth before heading downstairs. I tied my hair into a bun before entering the kitchen. I saw my mother running from one to another.

" Maa, what is going on?" I asked while taking a piece of carrot and opened the fridge while chewing on the carrot.

" Sharad will be here by this afternoon. Your sister is really stubborn. She doesn't want to help me just because she is mad at him." My mother said while shaking her head. I laughed while taking out the knife from the stand.

" Let it be. It's her right to be mad. Let me help you." I said while smiling and my mother laughed.

" You don't react in that way." My mother advised but me being me, I dared to oppose.

" Why won't I? I will also react in the same way."

" Oh God! My both daughters are alike." She said and I smiled at her.

I started helping my mother in preparing a variety of dishes for her first son in law. I saw Dad coming out of the room and I looked at my mother.

" Maa, serve breakfast to dad. I will take care of this." I said while taking the fruits from her hand.

" Okay." She said before wiping her hands in the towel. She served dad and sat there. They were having a deep conversation but I couldn't hear it. 

My mother came rushing towards me and checked the dishes.

" Sharad will be here in an hour." She said and my eyes widened.

" In an hour? It's too early." I said as we expected him during the afternoon.

" Leave these things and get ready. Go and inform your sister as well." She said and I handed over the things to my mother before rushing upstairs towards my sister's room.

" Vinni" I called before entering her room to find her still sleeping.

" Get up girl. You are married now. Grow up." I said while pulling her duvet and she clutched it lightly not letting it go.

" I am awake but I won't come downstairs." She said and I laughed.

" Jiju will be here within half an hour. Come on and hurry up." I lied a little bit and her eyes widened.

" Are you sure? Why is it so sudden?" She asked and I shook my head.

" I don't know." I said before waving her bye and coming to my room. 

After an hour

The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it. As I opened the door, I saw a handsome figure standing at the door with his one hand inside the pocket wearing a white shirt with blue jeans and blue blazer. He was holding a couple of bags in the other hand. 

" Good morning,Shridha" he said and I smiled at him.

" Very good morning, jiju" I allowed him in before closing the door.

" What are the updates?" He asked while lowering his voice and I made a serious face.

" Di ( elder sister) is very mad at you. I think she won't come out until you go inside and veg on your knees." I said and he nodded his head while walking towards the living room and I followed.

" That's serious." He said and I nodded my head .

" Very serious."

" What can I do for work, shopping or park?" He asked and I placed my index finger under my chin pretending to think.

" I guess both will work but you will lose your whole savings if you go out shopping. She is really angry this time. I think a park is the best option." I suggested and he listened carefully.