"It's true!" Li Reng insisted. "This morning, as soon as class ended, An Yu went to talk to an Alpha and even let others touch his head. He never did things like this before. What else could it be if not estrus?"

Touching his head?

Bai Yue was momentarily stunned. Then, he remembered what had happened that night and quickly averted his gaze.

It couldn't be... could it?

On the other side, Fang Zhenren rushed out of the classroom in time to confront An Yu. His face was filled with anger. "What do you mean by this?"

At that moment, another Alpha was standing beside An Yu.

Seeing Fang Zhenren and his group of cronies approaching, the Alpha immediately felt intimidated. Just minutes ago, he had been feeling pleased with himself because the school beauty had come to talk to him, but now he felt like he had fallen from heaven to hell.

He quickly made up an excuse about having something urgent to attend to and pushed An Yu away.

As the man walked away, An Yu couldn't hide the disdain on his beautiful face.

Well, it seemed he wasn't the one they were looking for. He was from the same school and wasn't particularly tall among Alphas. With just this little information, it was indeed difficult to find the right person.

As for Fang Zhenren... even with just a bit of thought, one could figure out that the person he was referring to was lying in the hospital that day.

Moreover, if it had truly been a case of a hero rescuing a beauty that night, there would have been no need for secrecy. It would have been widely known by now.

An Yu was well aware of Fang Zhenren's character, so he didn't bother asking. He simply tried to walk past him.

But unexpectedly, his wrist was grabbed.

"I've been pouring my heart out to you, and this is how you treat me?"

An Yu couldn't help but chuckle at those words. Fang Zhenren's efforts were always one-sided, and he had never expected anything in return.

And what heart-pouring? It was merely an excuse to justify his dislike of Shang Yufei.

An Yu didn't bother wasting words with this person. He simply pulled his hand back. "I'm just looking for someone."

"Looking for someone?" Fang Zhenren sneered. "Do you need to flirt with every Alpha in the school for that? What, couldn't you stick to Shang Yufei's side anymore?"

An Yu was annoyed. "Yeah! I'm done sticking around him. I've developed feelings for someone else!"

He didn't bother hiding the disgust in his tone. "And you, stop following me around all the time. I'm sick of—"

*Smack!*

Before he could finish his sentence, a loud slap echoed through the quiet hallway. Most of the students were still in the cafeteria, so there weren't many witnesses to this scene.

Fang Zhenren's cronies, who were following behind him, were stunned, feeling like they were witnessing something unprecedented.

What was going on? Wasn't Fang Ge fond of An Yu? Why would he lay hands on him?

An Yu's head was forced to one side by the slap, and his delicate cheek immediately swelled up with a red mark. He was a bit dazed by the sudden blow, feeling a fiery sting on his cheek.

But compared to the fear inflicted by those thugs that night, this pain seemed insignificant. Besides, Fang Zhenren was always a jerk. He had tried to pursue Bai Yue before, and when rejected, he resorted to violence. This time was no different.