Chapter 59: The Letters

A/N: Hi! Nakabawi na din! Sksksksks‎‎ 😭 A not-so-short update muna tayo, hihihi-

‎‎‎‎‎‎────────

Third Person

Tears began to strum down on Anna's face after she read the letter from the late Executive Minister. She did expect that Ka. Erdy is aware of her true identity, pero hindi niya din inaasahan that it'll tore her apart.

"Papa naman..." she muttered, biting her lip to suppress herself from sobbing while the memories with her being a barely 3-year-old girl and Papa Erdie kept on flashing in her mind... sounds of her giggling and his broad voice kept on echoing repeatedly in her head.

No doubt about it, they're the best ones that Anna wouldn't trade with any.

Welp, that's it. It's no longer a nightmare na gusto mo nang takasin,  Anna thought and breathe out a heavy sigh out of acceptance.

It took her minutes to calm herself down saka niya itinabi yung sulat. Anna first gathered some courage then grabbed the yellowed envelope on her bed; which was, indeed, a letter written from Bongbong himself...

April 15, 2006

Dearest Annaliese,

Happy 1st birthday, baby! How's the celebration there? I know that me, your Mommy, and kuyas should also join there. Pero something tells me na 'wag muna - for your safety, anak. I'm sorry if I'm letting you down, but I'll make bawi to you once everything is okay na- as promised.

I miss you, baby. Can't wait to see your first steps.

Love, Daddy Bear

April 19, 2006

Dearest Annaliese,

Baby, natatakot ang Daddy sa nakikita niya kanina. I have packages coming from people that what's inside scares me off. Weeks ago, I have one that has headless dolls. Then, I received letters containing threats na baka kukunin nila sina Mamita o Mommy mo for what I'm doing. Then, I received kanina lang- a package that has dead snakes - real ones.

I can feel something's wrong, so I need to stay muna and guard your Mommy with the family. Ayoko nang mawala agad sila sa akin, anak. Pagsisihan ko palagi yan sa sarili ko pag may nangyaring masama sa kanila. That also includes you too, love.

Stay safe there, baby. Dada and Mama loves you so much. Babawi ako sa'yo as promised, okay?

Love, Daddy Bear

Anna felt the chills shiver down to her spine pakatapos niyang basahin yung pangalawang sulat. She couldn't help but to feel a sense of deja vu, lalo na't ganitong ganito yung eksena nung may na-receive din ang Ka. Eduardo ng threats; galing pa mismo sa mga kumalaban sa kanya years ago.

As she kept on reading the letters, this one shocked her...

August 02, 2006

Dearest Annaliese,

It's been months since the last time I wrote a letter to you. How are you doing there, baby? So much had happened dito that something tells me na wag muna ulit ako pumunta sa inyo, anak. I'm sorry if I sounded like 'di ko na matutupad yung pangako ko sa'yo. But, please understand that we're still trying pero unpredicted situations just wouldn't let me to do so.