Chapter 26: Sweet Breakfast

Next morning...

Sandro Marcos

"What the- hey! Careful naman, o!" I reprimanded Vinny as he set the stove up to medium heat, remembering what happened last time.

"Chillax, kuya! It's on medium na, o?" Vincent giggled as he was about to put the beaten eggs in the pan.

It's been 2 hours and Mom and Pops are not yet waking up. Kakatapos lang namin na mag-almusal (just plain toast and sunny-side-ups lang), so we decided to make one for them. But we're making this in a breakfast date-like setup as our plan to make both Mom and Pops bawi after their away last night, e.

"Tutulungan kita dyan sa omelette, Vince," manang Esther approached my brother as he mouthed manang thanks and the both of them started cooking.

"Kuya! Here are the flowers na sinabi mo," tumungo si Simon sa pwesto ko, with a bouquet of roses and dasies.

"Nice, nice!" I gave him a thumbs up, "put it on the table na lang for sure," I added, with Simon obliged naman.

Sinenyasan ko yung braso ko with my eyes on my wristwatch. It's 8:10 na, and they haven't woken up from their sleep. Did they? I asked myself, but then decided to bushed it off. 

"Si, can you check upstairs kung gising na sila?" pakiusap ko sa kanya, with Simon nodded and went to the second floor while I'm giving a final check for the setup in the dining room. And as expected, romantic to their eyes, hehe.

୨୧

Third Person

Bongbong was the first to woke up with the sunlight hitting their faces. He blinked for a couple of times and lowered his gaze to Liza, with her head on his shoulder, one arm wrapped around his torso, and a soft smile was formed on her lips.

He gave a gentle kiss on his wife's forehead sabay tapik sa balikat niya, "Hon, wake up na." Bong uttered, with Liza groaned softly and eyes flutter in response.

She looked at her husband, smiling, "G-good morning, honey," malambing netong binati, rubbing her eyes and gazing at the sun-filtered windows, "anong oras na pala?" tanong neto.

Bongbong grabbed his phone from the bedside table and looked at the time, "It's... 8:00 na pala!" he replied, realizing that they slept a lot longer than the usual, "mukhang inaantay na tayo ng tatlo," he added, chuckling.

Both of them rose up from the bed at sabay-sabay nilang ginawa yung morning routine. Nang kakatapos lang maghilamos ng mukha at nagtoothbrush si Bongbong, he went out to see that Liza is already finished in her skin care routine at aayusin naman yung buhok niya.

Kahit bagong gising, anganda-ganda mo pa rin, he thought, smiling at the beautiful view of his wife, as he walked towards the vanity and was about to give her a kiss on her head.

"Hon!" gulat ni Liza, "My hair and face is still gulo, no?" maktol netong dagdag.

"I don't mind~~" natatawang sambit ni Bongbong sabay halik sa ulo neto hanggang sa pisngi.

"Ayyyyynghhhh~~" Liza groaned and giggled afterwards sabay sinapak yung dibdib ni Bonget. "Kaw, ah!" she irked.

She kept on brushing her hair when Bongbong rested his head on his wife's neck and peppering it with feathery kisses - giving Liza butterflies in her stomach and a tickly sensation. But their sweet moment was interrupted when the door made creaking sounds as it swung open, revealing...

"What the—" nagulat si Simon sa nakikita niya, making both of them flabbergasted, "Uhhh— good morning, I guess?" he greeted, awkwardly. Both of them laughed at Simon's surprised expression.

"Morning, Si," Bongbong approached his son and give him a beso, "nag-breakfast na ba kayo?" tanong neto.

"Kanina pa po, Dad." he replied while giving Liza also a beso, too, "We have something for the both of you," Simon added.

"Then what is it?" tanong ni Liza na bakas sa boses niya yung curiosity.

"You'll see." Simon winked, "It's at the dining room, come on!" he motioned his parents to follow him. And when they arrived downstairs na naghawak-kamay ang mag-asawa, they were shocked that the table was neatly decorated with flowers, a bouquet, and delicious meals that were cooked by none other than the boys.

"SURPRISE!" Sandro and Vincent shouted in unison.

"Boys naman, e!" Liza gushed, rushing to her sons and giving them a tight hug.

"Is this for us?" tanong naman ni Bongbong, amazed sa effort nila.

"Uh-huh!" Sandro began, walking towards his parents with the bouquet, "We heard you guys had a little fight kagabi. Although okay na po kayo today, we wanna make this special for you parentals to make bawi for each other," sambit pa aniya.

Inakbay ni Bongbong sa balikat ng panganay, "Boys, I couldn't thank you enough for this!'  he said, with the other two approached their mom and dad and hugged them sideways.

"We love you, parentals!" they exclaimed, smooching.

"Oh sige, we'll leave this to you, Pops, ah?" Vinny giggled, leaving the room with Sandro and Simon for their moment of intimacy.

Both of them sat down, said their graces as they're about to eat. 

"Honey," panimula ni Bongbong, Liza looked at him straight to his eyes and sighed, "I'm sorry for acting as if I forgot our only daughter last night. I love her with all my heart, and— if choosing the latter makes her happy, then—"

Liza was startled, "Shhh... honey, naiintindihan kita." she held her husband's hand, "From that notebook of yours made me realize that she's still in your heart and mind every night. Wala ka talagang choice kundi gawin mo eto." she smiled, weakly. Liza knew Bongbong may be tough, but when it comes to his children, lalo na kay Anna, he'll do anything just to keep them safe from the harsh reality they live in as a Marcos.

"Di bale," Bongbong motioned his wife to come closer sabay yakap neto, "I have a feeling na magiging kumpleto tayo ulit, hon." he added, optimistically.

"Yan ang gusto kong marinig, hon!" Liza gushed, "I love you, honey! And... thank you... for doing your best to be the father that our kids will look up to," sambit neto saka pinatong ni Bongbong yung kamay niya sa kanang pisngi.

"And I love you, too." Bongbong pressed his lips on her cheek longer than the usual.

"Yudiieeeee!" kinilig na sambit ni Simon saka sinapak naman siya ni Sandro.

"Ewww!" reklamo naman ng panganay, but kinikilig rin deep inside.

They shared tons of laughter and banters as the couple makes the most of this day for they'll be busy campaigning a week from now as their preparation for the coming National Elections.

‎‎❛ ──────・❪ ❀ ❫・────── ❜