Stalker or a Valentine

A/N- A Valentine special with some sherliam

"Alright, alright. You've got me, I killed the son of a bitch" the man confused. "He was right about you Holmes. Guess I shouldn't've underestimated ya"

"That's enough out of you," Lestrade said while pulling out his handcuffs, signalling the other officers to restrain the criminal, who immediately rushed forward to do their jobs.

They were about to escort the now handcuffed man outside when Sherlock Holmes, who had been silent for a while stopped them, looking none too pleased. "Before you take him away, There is still something I'd like to ask him"

"Don't tell me you suspect him to be involved with the lord of crime, Sherlock" John Watson called out.

"Suspect, Watson? He all but confirmed it just now." The raven-haired man scoffed

"There is no doubt in my mind that that crafty criminal lord had a hand in lord Thomas's murder, But that is not what I want to know about. There is no way someone as clever as the lord of crime would reveal anything worthwhile to a mere pawn he meant to be captured from the start. There is no information in that regard that this buffoon could provide me that I don't already know"

The captured criminal looked back at the detective at that

"What did you just call me?" He raged.

"I called you a disposable pawn and a buffoon. Now I'd like to know about the letter you left at the crime scene" Sherlock asked impatiently, not at all bothered by the murderer's outburst.

Everyone in the room quieted at that. Looking at Sherlock in confusion. "Letter? what letter?" Lestrade asked. "Holmes, don't tell me you've been withholding evidence again"

Ignoring his friend, Sherlock pulled an envelope out of the inner pocket of his coat. "When I first found it I naturally thought it to have been a clue, but as my investigation continued I quickly came to the conclusion that it was a red herring, for it had nothing to do with the rest of the case. However, after meeting you I have come to realise you would not have come up with such a scheme yourself, and your benefactor clearly believes you to be disposable, so why leave such a note at the scene?

The criminal looked at the detective in confusion "I don't know anything about a note. It's just like you said earlier. I left as soon as the deed was done, I didn't leave nothing"

Now Sherlock looked confused "You mean to tell me that count Thomas, the count Thomas, the very same man you killed, somehow had a secret admirer?" Sherlock scoffed.

"Let me see that," Lestrade said while snatching the letter out of Sherlock's hand, Inspecting the already broken seal, before pulling out the letter inside and starting to read.

"What is this about Sherlock?" John asked. "I didn't see a letter when we inspected the body"

"Because you were only looking for the cause of death, my friend. It was hidden away in his coat pocket"

"You went through the dead man's pockets Sherlock?" John was astounded.

"Of course I did John. I would have been foolish not to. That is how I also found the dried flower that led us here."

"What on earth is this?" Lestrade exclaimed once he finished reading.

"It is a love letter I found in the victim's coat" the detective replied like he was stating the obvious.

"The stationary is of high quality, not the kind the murderer would have lying around, nor something he would have bothered to buy just to throw me off. Yet it did not match anything owned by the count, and there is no way any sane person would send him something like this. So I'd like to know why the lord of crime would plant such a note on the victim"