"Until we see again, my dear Brother"

A/N- I headcanon, that Louis has like really good memory

Cold wind infused with hot smoke blew through the alleys of London. William resisted the urge to cough, as he steadily inhaled and exhaled. 

He was rushing towards the Tower bridge, on his way to the stage of his final performance as the heartless Lord of Crime. Thankfully the plan was processing the way it was supposed to and the citizens of London were working together to stop the fires from spreading. Therefore London’s alleys were uncharacteristically empty for this time of the day.

Of course, William was rather happy about he lack of pedestrians, otherwise, he probably wouldn’t be able to walk through London without being attacked.

Slowly, William peaked around the corner. Thankfully no one se e med to be in the surrounding area so he could continue without a problem. Of course, if there were people in the way, he could just use another path to his destination, but William couldn’t await the end of this play he orchestrated.

He couldn’t wait for Sherlock to finally defeat the ‘ Lord of Crime’ and send him of to his death. William had waited for this day for what felt like ages . Now that it was here at last , he couldn’t await their final meeting and his final breath.

Yet, even though everyone capable of stopping him now was either on his side or informed about what was about to happen, someone seemed to follow him. Depending on the sound of footsteps and how eagerly this someone was following but not actually catching up to him, it was probably someone from his organisation. Maybe someone wanted to say goodbye and didn’t know how to approach him. William slowed down and grabbed his pocket watch.

There was still some time until the final showdown with his protagonist; William could spare some time for whoever needed it.

William came to a halt and turned around. Just as Williams footsteps disappeared, his pursuer’s stopped as well, probably unsure on how to pursue him. After a few minutes of total silence, William’s patience run out.

“I know that you’re here, so come out” William took a deep breath, he had a sneaking suspicion who would follow him to his extend. “Please, Louis”. Finally something or rather someone moved in the shadows. Just as expected, crimson eyes met his own. Silently the younger walked over to his brother until there was barely any space between them; yet, not touching William at all.

William couldn’t stop himself from smiling. Even though no one was there besides the two brothers Louis still followed the rules of conduct, they both learned in order to fit into nobility.

Don’t show physical acts of affection in public.

It had been hard to kill that particular habit. Both brothers had always reached out to the other whenever they were in need of comfort b ut right now William really didn’t care about societal norms. Carefully he wrapped his arms around his younger brother, pulling him into a tight embrace. As soon as their fronts collided Louis arms wrapped around William, hands grabbing at his brothers cloak.

Louis forehead collided with Williams shoulder, as he desperately tried to stay calm. Yet, he didn’t succeed. No matter how much the younger brother fought against the urge to cry, he couldn’t stop the tears from flowing down his cheeks. William held his younger brother a bit tighter when he noticed. The longer they stood there, the tighter Louis grip got, until William started to having trouble breathing.