Tea

Since childhood, Louis has been familiar with items in the kitchen, from pans to sharp objects used for cutting such as knives. Living in an orphanage makes Louis inevitably have to find something to do, if his older brother; William, chose to help people in need in order to get a little profit, little Louis could only go to the kitchen to help the orphanage prepare food or sometimes even just sit watching the cooking process.

"Stay here, okay? You can't be tired!"

Well, that was William's message to him. Even though Louis also wanted to go out, accompany his older brother, who people always asked for help thanks to his intelligence and wisdom. But what can you do? Louis had no choice but to obey his older brother.

One day, little Louis was made to beam because William's smile was so wide after sipping the tea he made himself.

"This tea is really delicious, did you make it?" William asked, he couldn't stop inhaling puffs of smoke coming from the still hot tea.

That afternoon, Louis was actually sulking because his older brother didn't ask him to go outside, even though the night before they had promised to go to the city library together. Even though William gave a reasonable excuse - he said it was difficult to wake Louis from his nap - Louis still felt annoyed. Louis was so annoyed that he ignored the other orphanage children's invitation to play in the garden and walked quickly to the kitchen to meet the orphanage mother who was making tea.

Well, now Louis is actually made to smile cheerfully because William praised the tea he made. Duh, her sister is really amazing, it's no wonder people like her!

"If you like it..." Louis looked down at his worn shoes. "I can make it every day... Hmm... If you want..." Louis' cheeks heated up, it felt embarrassing to say that to his older brother who he had just shot a sarcastic look at when he handed him a cup of tea just now.

Louis raised his head, wanting to know William's answer and how he would react to Louis's offer just now. Louis' cheeks became even hotter because his brother's eyes widened and he didn't blink at all. After that, William smiled until his eyes seemed to be in line.

"Sure, please make me tea every time I come back from outside."

"Ah, this tea is like a tired reliever..." William said after drinking the tea made by Louis. The older man had just returned from university because of work.

Louis secretly glanced at the kettle containing hot tea, while his older brother was busy with his newspaper and cup in hand.

"Is the tea I make really that delicious?" Louis asked himself. In fact, even though he makes tea almost every day, Louis rarely sips it or even tastes it. As soon as the tea was cooked, Louis immediately served it to his brother. That's just how it's been all along. That's why, every time William praises the tea he makes, whether consciously or subconsciously, Louis always thinks, "Is that true?" while smiling because of course he felt happy.

"Albert Nii-san! Oh, you too!"

William's exclamation succeeded in awakening Louis from his reverie. Louis smiled at Albert, his adopted brother, and two other people who slowly walked into the living room.

Moran, a tall man with jet black hair sat on a chair after taking off his hat. "The business there is finished. Herder and Fred are stopping by somewhere, who knows what they want to buy."

Albert sat down too. "Mostly buy fertilizer," he said,

"Thank you for working hard," William smiled at his brother and colleagues. "Sorry I couldn't accompany you until the end."

"No problem," Moran waved his hand in front of his face, as if objecting to what William had just said. "We were able to get it done quickly today."

In the middle of the conversation, Louis just smiled, while his hands were busy pouring tea into the cup that fortunately he had prepared earlier. After all the cups were filled, Louis served them to the people who were now chatting.

"Wow! I've always liked this tea..." exclaimed Bond. "Thank you, Louis-san," Bond smiled before sipping his tea.

"Ah... Yes..." Louis nodded. Actually, he intended to go to the kitchen, but William's chatter stopped his intentions and footsteps.

"Yes, right? The tea that Louis makes is really delicious, to be honest, I wouldn't want anyone to try it besides me..."

William said that while smiling broadly, the others, especially Bond laughed cheerfully. Everyone in the room sipped the tea Louis made with happy expressions. Albert had even finished his tea and looked at Louis as if he was ready to accept another cup.

"Ah..." shouted Louis, who then immediately moved to take the kettle and prepared to pour tea into Albert's cup.

"That Louis always wondered if his tea was really good," Albert squeaked. "Yes, right, Louis?"

"..."

Louis' cheeks heated up. Duh! Just make this Albert embarrassed! As far as Louis could remember, he had never asked anyone that question, Louis kept these questions tightly in his own heart and mind. So, how did Albert know?

"Eh?" After that, William muttered while holding his chin, he looked at Louis. "Is that so?"

His body felt stiff like a robot, Louis just shook his head while looking at his older brother. "N- no! It's not like that!" It seemed like it would be useless if Louis argued, because now William, Albert, Moran and Bond were laughing a little like they were teasing a child. Not only his cheeks, now Louis' ears are also heating up, it feels like his face must look red.

"Your expression doesn't lie, Louis-san," said Bond, next to him, Moran scratched the back of his neck.

Louis started scratching the back of his neck. "That..."

"Louis, of course the tea you make is very delicious, you know that I like tea with a strong taste," William spoke up, his lips still showing a smile at his younger brother. "But most importantly..."

"Eh?"

"Most importantly, wherever I can drink the tea you make, that place feels like home to me."

"William Nii-san..." Louis' eyes lit up, just like the first time William praised the tea he made when they were little. A nostalgic wind blew, warming Louis' heart, which was previously shy. Louis's smile was plastered, thrown for William. "Thank you, Nii-san."

In the end, William's praise always succeeded in making Louis feel appreciated.

Words-1097