Chapter 12: Chapter Twelve

Começar do início

xXx

Harry sprawled out on his lounge as he stared into the fire before him. He glanced over when the wall rumbled to the side and Severus walked in. The teen had his own room beside his but liked to spend his nights with Harry before retiring.

"How were the other snakes?" Harry asked over his shoulder.

"Very well," Severus replied as he walked towards the kitchen.

"I hope that I'm not over working you," Harry called. "Can you get me a whiskey?"

"Ice?"

"Yes, please."

Severus walked back into the room with a glass of whiskey and a butterbeer. Harry took the glass in his hand before Severus settled next to him. He'd gotten used to this at night. He had gotten used to Severus in general. He could even start to read his mood.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked while he sipped on his drink.

"Narcissa mentioned that Lucius wants to see you again," Severus sulked.

"You mean the Dark Lord," Harry countered.

"Yes," Severus whispered.

"We'll deal with that problem tomorrow," Harry sighed and knocked back his drink. "Should have asked you to bring the bottle."

"Bad day at the Ministry?"

"You could say that," Harry groaned as he stood. "Do you want another butterbeer?"

"Yes, please."

Harry grabbed up the bottle of whiskey and two butterbeers. He walked back to the lounge and handed Severus one of the beers. He sat down and poured a little butterbeer into his glass then some whiskey. He placed the bottle down as he leaned back in his seat. Severus leaned forward and picked up the whiskey.

"You drink muggle alcohol," Severus remarked.

"They do it very well," Harry said as finished off the drink and held his glass out.

Severus tipped more into his glass with a look to his eyes that Harry hadn't seen before.

"What?" Harry asked.

"It's a Wednesday night," Severus pointed out.

Harry laughed at that statement and gave Severus a grin as the boy blushed. Severus placed the bottle back on the table and picked up his own drink.

"What are you concerned about?" Harry questioned as he made and half and half drink with the butterbeer.

"Nothing," Severus muttered.

Harry frowned and looked at Severus and the guarded look on his face. Then it clicked in his mind. Harry reached out and placed his hand on Severus's arm and the teen jumped.

"I'm not your father, Severus." Harry said, gently.

"Of course not," Severus sneered.

"Too short?"

Severus looked away and Harry rubbed his arm until he looked back at him.

"My parents died when I was a child," Harry confessed, softly. "I went to live with my Aunt and Uncle...my Uncle was a violent man with a short temper...and I was his favourite target."

Harry finished his drink and even after all this time the wounds still felt raw. Harry eyed off the whiskey before grabbing the butterbeer instead.

"What happened?" Severus prompted.

"Nothing," Harry answered. "Started my sixth year at school and never saw them again."

"Is my father still alive?"