Chapter 9: Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

xXx

Harry looked around the neighbourhood and felt like he'd been there before. He turned to the door before him and knocked loudly. From the car in the driveway, he knew that someone was home. The flick of the curtains beside the door confirmed it. A pale woman answered the door with stringy black hair to her shoulders and worry lines on her face.

"Yes?" The woman asked as her eyes flicked over him.

"Mrs Snape?" Harry requested with a smile and the woman nodded. "My name is Harold Swift, I'm from Hogwarts school."

"What are you doing here?" Eileen demanded as her eyes flicked behind her. "My husband is home."

"Perfect," Harry said with a smile and placed his foot against the door. "I wish to speak to both of you in regards to your son."

"Severus," Eileen whispered. "Is he okay?"

"Yes, may I come in?"

Eileen glanced over her shoulder before nodding sharply and stepping to the side. Harry looked around the hallway that he'd walked into and took in the stairs before him and the living room to the left of him.

"Eileen?" A man called out. "Who's at the door?"

"Someone from Severus's school," Eileen answered, nervously.

"What's that boy done?"

A tall man appeared at the living room door and looked at Harry coldly. Harry could tell that Severus took after his father in height and build but had his mother's colourings. The man sneered at him which twisted up his handsome face. He had dark brown hair and stood, easily, over six feet with a slim build but a cold look to his dark eyes.

"I'm here to offer your son an apprenticeship," Harry retorted as he stood up to the man before him.

"In what?" Tobias demanded as he came to stand before him.

"Many subjects," Harry answered with a shrug. "Could we take this to the living room?"

"No," Tobias sneered. "We're not interested in what you're selling."

"But-" Eileen started to say then shut her mouth when Tobias glared at her.

"No, let her speak." Harry remarked and those cold eyes focused back on him. "She knows what kind of opportunity that I'm offering."

Tobias opened his mouth and Harry lifted up his hand and the man shut his mouth again. Eileen sucked in a breath at his silent use of magic.

"This is an offer that I will be making to Severus and Severus alone," Harry hissed as he glared at the man before him. "He is an adult in the magical world but still a student at Hogwarts. That is the only reason that I am here."

Tobias took a threatening step forward and Harry smirked at him. Eileen grabbed her husband's arm and tried to pull him back but the man just lashed out at her. Harry sneered at the man as Eileen fell back and hit the floor.

"Stay out of this, woman." Tobias snarled. "Severus is my son and you have no right stepping into this house and demanding anything!"

Harry took a step forward into Tobias's space as he glared up at the taller man. He could see the unease at his move as Harry's lips curled up as he glared at the man before him.

"Tobias," Eileen whispered from the floor.

"Shut it, woman." Tobias snarled.

"And here I thought that I wouldn't have to force you," Harry sighed.

"You think that you can force me," Tobias demanded and went to grab his arm.

Harry moved quicker and grabbed Tobias's wrist and twisted it sharply as he brought his knee up into the man's stomach. Tobias grunted as Harry slipped to the side and pulled the other man's arm around and kicked out at the back of the man's knee. Tobias grunted as his knees hit the ground and Harry stepped behind him as he brought the wrist that he held up behind the tall man's back. Tobias yelped in pain and Harry twisted the wrist further as he felt the bones in his arm under his fingers. Eileen jumped to her feet with a cry as she held her hand before her mouth in shock. Within seconds, Harry had the taller and bulker man on his knees and under his control.