Chapter 3: Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

"Follow me," Harry ordered and headed to the door of his classroom.

Severus followed after him as they walked into the hallway and he locked the door after them. He led the way to his office door and opened it up for the teen. Severus walked past him making Harry feel short. He closed the office door and walked to the back of the room. He pulled his wand and tapped the wall as he whispered the codeword under his breath. The wall rumbled as it split and he walked into his rooms beyond.

Severus was a silent shadow behind him as Harry stepped up to his bookcase and looked at the titles of the books. He paused on one and pulled it out. He flicked through it for a minute before placing it back. He muttered to himself as he looked for the right book.

"Nice room," Severus remarked.

Harry looked back at Severus and realised that they were in his private rooms.

"I believe that no one needs to hear about such things," Harry replied as he looked back at his bookcase. "Much like the memories that I may see in your mind, Mr Snape."

"Yes, sir."

Harry huffed and pulled out the right book and turned to look up at Severus. He held the book out and Severus took it from his hand.

"Now, get out." Harry said gruffly and Severus quirked a smile. "I will see you at this time next week."

"Yes, sir."

Harry waved his hand and Severus walked back through to his office and out. Harry flicked his wand and the wall closed back up. He glanced around his rooms before heading towards his bathroom to have a shower. He'd had enough of this day.

xXx

Severus stared at the page before him in confusion. He couldn't wrap his mind around what it was trying to say to him. It was so vague that it could be interpreted in many ways. Severus turned the page and read that hoping for some insight before turning the page back in frustration.

"Clear your mind," Severus muttered under his breath. "Clear your mind. I suppose that an idiot would excel at this."

"Muttering to yourself, Severus?"

Severus looked up to see Narcissa standing before him. He'd taken over one of the large armchairs in the common room before the fire.

"If someone said to clear your mind," Severus intoned. "What would you do?"

Narcissa frowned at his question in thought. The woman was brilliant when she put her mind to something and would have exceeded Lily's score in charms. However, it was her motivation that held her back.

"Makes me think of meditation," Narcissa replied and Severus started. "Letting your mind drift."

Severus rubbed his chin as he thought that through.

"What are you reading?" Narcissa questioned.

"Book from Professor Swift," Severus replied and showed her the cover.

'Taming the untrained mind by Norrus Goldsmith.'

Narcissa hummed as a calculating look came into her pale eyes.

"He doesn't seem like other teachers we've had," Narcissa remarked. "Not to mention his horrid insistence on wearing muggle clothing."

"They do suit him," Severus added. "I think he would look odd in a robe."

"Hm," Narcissa muttered with a nod. "I do wonder about his family though."

Severus sighed, it always seemed to come back to blood. His own blood was tainted but he'd proved his worth with his intelligence, magic and skills with potions. His hatred of his father had also spurred on his desire to turn away from that side of his heritage.