A Dream

I found myself standing in the vast field of burned grass, the smell of fire surrounding me as the ashes flew above me.

Around the gray grass, there were a bunch of weird black-like moving tentacles coming out from the ground, on them a weird language unknown to me was written perfectly along the line. I was aware that I was currently dreaming, so I could only try to control my mind and focus well enough to gain powers.

But instead of gaining powers, I gained nothing but a sense of foolishness and disappointment. Unable to control my lucid dream, if this was a lucid dream anyway, I walked alongside the field with my eyes looking around.

The weird thing about this whole dream was that I felt fatigued with each move of mine. It was just like I worked thirteen hours of night shift outdoors in the rain, that kind of tiredness I'm talking about.

In my past life, I used to work those same shifts, and oh boy I hated them so much. By the end of them, I felt like my body was just numb, ready to fall asleep whenever the chance came. With nothing else to notice, I sat down on the ashen field and looked directly at the sky.

The Sun wasn't there but it was a day. That kind of logic could only be applied to Lovecraftian, shrugging it off I lied on my back and closed my eyes.

When I closed my eyes a couple of footsteps were heard coming my way, I tried opening my eyes but ultimately failed. Due to my skill, I wasn't feeling any kind of emotion but I for sure know that I would be shitting myself right now if it weren't for Azathoth's blessing.

Next, I was frozen completely without any ability to move an inch of my body. Footsteps came closer and closer until they eventually stopped, but right next to me. I expected to immediately get eaten or something worse by some nightmarish creature like in those dreams where the creature catches you.

"I haven't met a being like you in a long time, mortal." a sinister voice that sounded like the scariest voice imaginable spoke beneath me. It makes me think, that if it weren't for my blessing I would probably experience a mental breakdown due to how scary the voice sounded.

There are no perfect words that I can use to describe it, the next thing that happened surprised me quite a bit. My body was lifted and something grabbed my both hands, lifting me along the way.

"Who are you?" I asked calmly as ever, but no response came for a couple of moments before the very same voice gave me an answer. "Let's say that I'm your patron's older brother if I were to use your mortal hierarchy, I do not possess a name but you do and it's quite rude not to introduce yourself."

I was dumbfounded at the human act this eldritch creature just maintained.

"Very well, my name is Niall and I'm a human? Or not, I don't know anymore since your younger brother who also doesn't pass a name reincarnated me with a question mark next to my race."

Hearing the creature acting so humanly, I eased a little and decided to try a friendly human-like approach to it. It seemed to like my approach as its voice changed to a gentle female voice, perfect for comfort I would say.

"So why did you call me here?" I asked with a bit of curiosity, it was still very weird to me why I keep traveling to places beyond mortal comprehension. "I just wanted to check on my brother's first child, and my my, I already like it!" the voice carried out an emotion that was unusual for beings like these, before I could speak next the voice interrupted me.

"Sadly enough I have to send you back since your mortal body can't yet comprehend my domain any longer, but do know that I'm watching your endeavors with great interest. Also, one more thing before you go..."