Bar Fight

- - - (Niall's POV) - - -

"I was dragged across town by clumsy Hermes, who was happily humming at the thought of spending some time in a bar with hot waitresses around him.

After walking for a little less than ten minutes, both Hermes and I arrived at our destination, a place where men came to drink their asses off and chitchat about all kinds of shit.

Looking at the wooden sign placed by the doors, I saw the name of the inn, 'The Silver Sailboat, huh...' I thought, looking at the goofy-ass name that doesn't match its surroundings at all.

As we entered the inn, I noticed a large number of people residing in it, drinking, singing, and happily spending their time together. Among them, a pair of beautiful women giggled at the manly jokes that made me question my existence.

"So, Niall, how do you like the atmosphere? This is the most populated inn in town; even higher-level adventurers stop by here from time to time," Hermes said, placing his hands on the table as he awaited my answer.

I looked around once more before deciding my answer. It was a classic fantasy place where drunken men gathered, and I could see how some adventurers would like this inn since Orario has plenty of them.

On one side of the inn stood a large crowd of ruffians playing poker or something similar, alongside women and other viewers who carefully scanned each player's move.

Turning my view elsewhere, I saw a place where a couple of well-equipped men and women sat down and calmly drank their drinks, most likely adventurers by how well-equipped they were.

The rest of the inn was filled with simple people who came in to kill some time and drink some nice bottles of alcohol. The tavern owner, however, was a Bull, and when I saw a Bull, I did not mean the literal animal but a race of demi-humans that had some aspects like cows and bulls."

"It was the first time I saw a bull race in person, so it was a unique sight to behold. A woman in her thirties, with pretty well-equipped attributes, cleaned the bottle and held her eyes closed. She may or may not be the owner, but judging by how she handles the customers, she's most likely the one. Not that it matters anyway.

"It seems like a very nice place to spend some time, honestly. All kinds of people gather here, so you can learn new stuff any day," Hermes nodded and smiled.

"You observed pretty well! Well, you do have a point in that, but that isn't the thing I expected you to notice first... This place is known for its good women, that's why I brought you here after all!" Hermes merely laughed for a moment, looking at me with a somewhat curious gaze, just like before.

"So you brought me to Svarog just for him to scan me, ain't that right?" My green eyes looked at him, patiently awaiting the certain god's answer.

He was flabbergasted for a moment, gasping in shock. He looked at me even more curiously now. He's a very crafty god with millions of experiences, so even if he was surprised, that didn't stop him from breaking character.

"Not only that, but it's very weird for you to approach a mere boy like me. I may have done that with the bandits, but any adventurer with moderate stats at level 1 could do that, let's be honest here, Hermes."

Before I could continue, Hermes stopped me with his hand, which pointed at me to shut up.

"You are indeed special, as I have thought. I approached you simply because your mere appearance is unique and special in a place like this, hell, even in a place like Orario. First things first, your eyes."

His finger pointed at my eyes, and he looked at me somewhat seriously but still kept his playful attitude at stake.

"Your eyes are unlike any human I've encountered through my existence, and you don't have any animalistic attributes to be that of a beast kin. Your eyes remind me of a certain person... no, a certain creature that I do not dare to speak of."

Danmachi - Eldritch Apostleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें