Chapter Ten (End of Act One): And So it Begins, the Road to Redemption

Start from the beginning

"Each of you will make separate appearances and will present yourselves to the townspeople and our coven," Chance had explained last night over dinner. "You'll make your statements and will submit yourselves to the rules and the path of Druscilla. Be warned, however, that you'll have ONLY one shot to gain everyone's favor as some of them have bigger grudges than others. So govern yourselves and show that you're willing to truly submit to your new lives."

He shot a warning glance at Marithe, who only remained silent as he ate his food.

And today was the day that both Omegas would have to prove themselves worthy to gain mercy and favor for their road to redemption. Lachlan hoped that his speech would present him as true and loyal. Marithe, however, would speak from his mind and be as candid as possible.

The door of the town hall entryway swung open to reveal Arianna (dressed as Lana Turner and made up impeccably) as she walked in. "Ah, the Omegas," she said. "And their mates. I take it that you're both ready to show yourselves?"

Lachlan nodded, standign to his feet as he gripped Chace's hand as the latter gave him a calming hug. "Ready as I'll ever be," he breathed.

"Good, then you can go first. Marithe, you're last."

Marithe only nodded as he watched his partner in crime walk hand in hand with his mates with Arianna following behind him before the door slammed shut. Might as well take a moment to breathe, he thought as he shut his eyes and meditated on his speech. I bet that Lachlan will be a sobbing mess and everyone will be on him for being a wimp. I may be an Omega now, but I intend to show them all what I am and what I intend to do.

Fifteen minutes later, there was a rousing applause as Chace and Taranna came into the hallways with smiles of awe in their eyes. "How did he do?" Marithe asked tentatively.

"Lachlan had everyone eating out of their hands, yet was so humble and true," the former commented. "He really sounded genuine."

"Wait, what?"

Taranna smirked at Marithe's confused stare. "He simply spoke from the heart, boy," she commented. "And my cousin and I knew that his intentions to start fresh were showing no deception. He came off as likeable yet demure and sweet. All of the cameras from the news filmed every moment of it and it's little wonder that he'll have his journey easy."

"Let's hope that Marithe will have it better," came the voice of Chance as he came inside with a pointed look on his face. "Lachlan's fully bound to the magic here and he'll be easily given another chance since he's true."

Marithe only nodded as he stood to his feet. "Showtime," he commented as he let Chance escort him to the large town hall. And once he stepped inside, he immediately felt all eyes on him as he walked down the aisles and caught everyone whispering and murmuring statements that flowed like a raging river.

"He looks too cocky to be an Omega. It's his old life that's making him like this."

"Lachlan's going to be the toast of the town. I hope Deinos doesn't earn our wrath."

"The gods and goddess will eat him alive if he goofs it up. Anias and Travoix will not hesitate to make him dance 'til he drops dead."

Marithe gulped once he caught sight of a well-dressed Thierry sitting next to his fiancee, the gods and goddesses- Travoix, Anias, Amarion, Arlionix, Druscilla, Amalia, and Persimmon- all huddling around them as if they were family. Marithe nodded once in his direction, contempt soon filling his veins for the past as he took to the stage with Chance and Chace at his sides while Lachlan soon found his way to a seat next to the twin patron gods of vampires who immediately took a liking to him.