Chapter Six: Red Rose and Black Lily

At a roadside diner, minutes outside of Covington Springs...

"Is Boss Lady here yet," asked Ebony Blaze (real name, Alexander Lybella who was a mage-in-training) as she wiped down the last of the tables while her friend Snow Dropp (Evan Salmann, earth faerie direct cousin of the Faerie Queen from the Seelie Court) collected the rest of the ice-filled cups that the customers left behind. "Taranna said that all of the coven members need to be here with this announcement about the new Omegas in town and them being mated to the Nguyen Alphas."

"Not yet," commented Honey Combe (a fire elemental named Reggie Colvard-Samuels who was originally from Dallas) as they collected the last of the menus. "But Craven just checked in three minutes ago and he's coming in from his show over in Orangeburg and he's almost here. I wouldn't be surprised if he was here now."

Sure enough, the drag king in question (real name Alison Bellmarino, a seer) came into the diner in his leather-daddy getup with Daniel and Verano Malanoa (FTM gorgon/siren hybrids), Kandide Jones (a dryad hybrid from North Augusta), and Anita following suit. "Sorry we're late," Craven apologized. "Had to pick up the others along the way."

"Right on time, to be honest," Ebony commented as she helped one of the human busboys clear away the last of the tables. "We need to make sure that the diner is cleared out because Taranna has some important announcements to make, hence us closing early."

The diner in question was known as the Onyx Fin Diner, a small hideaway restaurant that attracted people from all walks of life ranging from the townspeople and others from the surrounding area to various leaders of various supernatural communities in the area to even the President of the USA and random royals looking to escape their duties and even catch a respite. But the diner was also a gathering hotspot for the witch coven known as the Black Lily Coven that ran it.

And the ones who were currently closing up shop consisted of the same ones who were waiting for their leader Taranna Deveraux (who turned out to be Arianna's cousin and cisgender ally) to arrive as they saw the last of the human workers off.

"I made sure that the former Alphas turned Omegas were settled into their new homes while Chance and Chace would be the ones to give them the rules," Anita commented. "Arianna was more than giddy to bind them to Druscilla's rules and plans with her magic."

"She ought to be, given that she warned them of the consequences if they rejected that Lemieux boy," Craven noted as he grabbed a seat at one of the corner booths. "Too bad that they didn't listen to her, and now...well, it is what it is."

"I heard that Moranox- er, St. Martin- wanted to stand by Theirry in the past," Honey replied as she sat next to Craven's right while Snow took the left. "If only he'd persuaded his partner hard enough and stood his ground."

"You live and learn," Ebony said crisply as she saw her boss and coven leader Taranna walk in the room dressed in her Lauren Bacall persona with her Dior ensemble immaculate as always. "Boss, the floor's all yours,"

Taranna Mariah Deveraux nodded as she took off her jacket and hat before heading to the center of the dining area. "Queens and kings, you already know of the arrival of Lachlan St. Martin and Marithe Deinos, formerly known as their respective names Luciane Moranox and Matthieux Rosseaux-Yanez and them being made into Omegas as well as paired to their new mates Chance and Chace Nguyen, the twin Alpha mermen and leaders of the Gold Fin coven," she said. To Anita, "I understand that you were the one to take them to their new home."

Anita nodded twice. "I was around the beach area when I saw them appear in their new forms," she replied. "I will deny it if y'all tell them this, but they're not that bad with their twink-like selves. They'll be perfect for the twins in the bedroom."