The Time To Be Alive

Start from the beginning

She went around their goal and slid it back to me.

I could use my slapshot. But there's three of them in the front of me.

Don't be selfish.

I hit the puck back to V.

She looked at me hesitantly and I nodded quickly.

Then she shot the puck, using her own slapshot.

And we made it.

The crowd went wild.

We went wild.

I skated over to her and pat her on the head, "Good job, Veronica."

She shrugged and brushed her shoulders off, "First time I've made a goal in the first five minutes."

I grinned wider, "I was impressed."

She hit my shoulder with her own, "Obviously."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the stands, immediately finding my best friends in the front row.

Scarlett was with them. With a sign that said 'Number 13! Give me a puck and I'll give you some luck!' with a winking emoji next to it.

I waved at her.

She waved back.

I signed 'soon' and she nodded, giving me a thumbs up.

We both took ASL all through middle school so we know a few things here and there. It's really fun in class.

________

Second period came and we didn't score anymore. They scored twice.

The beginning of third, they scored again but we came up and scored two more times, tying us even.

And we're going into overtime.

A state game going into overtime.

How crazy is that? I've never experienced that. Neither has Coach.

And I still have to get Scarlett that puck.

"Alright team, we have this in the bag. I know nerves are high but get me or Allie the puck. Keep them off the goal. And please, JJ," I looked at Jordan, "don't let them score."

She nodded, "As if I would during overtime."

Billie scoffed at her, "You let them three other times."

She glared at her younger sister, "Only for the aesthetics of the game."

I laughed at their bickering, "Okay! Warriors on three! 1! 2! 3!" I put my hand in the circle.

"Warriors!" Our hands went in the air.

I skated back into the middle of the arena, blocking out the crowd.

Kitty was on my left. Allie was on my right. V was behind Kitty on left defense and Lily was right by her.

My dream lineup for overtime at state.

The ref gave us the same rules as before but I noticed there was a different, slightly smaller girl in front of me rather than the ogre before.

That's mean but genuinely that girl had to have been at least 6 feet tall.

She dropped the puck and instead of immediately hitting the girl, I hit the puck to Allie.

She skated to the left and all the way around their goal, passing the puck back up to V.

V passed it down the ice to Anna and she slid it up to Allie.

She had three players on her so I came behind her and took the puck up the ice towards their goal.