Another 'mission' she had in store was about herself of course, but she didn't seem to really find anyone fitting for her around the village, maybe except for Sonic, but again, she saw him rather as her brother, same with Knuckles and especially Tails. Then there were a few other interesting villagers, but none of them seemed fit for someone like her. And lastly, Shadow was also a potential option, but knowing how he is, Amy assumed, that Shadow is going to be very similar to Sticks, also not interested in relationships.

Hence, instead of trying to find herself a partner, she decided to help the crushing people and her friends get together with their other halves. And it made her happy either way, for she was caring and deeply understanding.

☆•~•☆

Several hours later, when the morning transformed into a sunny afternoon, Sonic finally showed up in the village, seeing the various decorations and words spreading the love all around he felt his heart actually ache at the sight, for it only reminded him of Shadow even more.
"Lookie who decided to finally arrive," Amy approached the blue hedgehog with a soft smile on her face, happy to see him here.
"Hi, Ames. Where are the others?" he greeted her, then asked curiously, as he couldn't see the rest of the gang anywhere around.
"They're all hanging out on the beach," she gestured towards the said area, Sonic giving it a quick glance before returning it to Amy.
"And why are you here?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Getting some ice-cream," she shrugged and led the hedgie towards the ice-cream stall, him following her.

"Ooooh, so many flavors!" his eyes brightened at the colorful sight of the various ice-cream flavors, now indecisive about which flavor(s) he might choose for himself. For some reason, he wondered, which flavor(s) would Shadow choose. Or if he even liked ice-cream in the first place. The azure hero felt a little sting in his chest from the bitter thought, that this day is such a special opportunity to get together with his crush, who will probably never show up for the whole time. Shadow's sudden absence is surely a mystery to him and he is trying his best to find out, where Shadow disappeared and why.
".....Sonic? Sonic! Hey, are you alright?" Amy waved her hand in front of the hero's eyes, which finally snapped the hedgehog back to reality and made him focus on the hedgette in front of him.
"Hm? What's up?" he attempted to shake the unwanted thoughts out of his head.
"It's your turn," she explained briefly while standing aside with an ice-cream cone in her hand already. She chose watermelon and lemon flavors.

Sonic frantically moved his eyes across all the flavors and in rush he chose blue raspberry with strawberry. Receiving his cone he also found out, that today everything was for free, so he could safely keep his rings in his 'quills inventory'. Glancing down at the ice-cream in his hand he frowned upon the thoughts filling his mind, which were caused by the sight of the red and blue colors, in the middle mixing up into purple shade. Blue reminded him of himself of course, for he was the only blue furred mobian around here. A bright, vibrant royal blue. The red, obviously, Shadow's crimson stripes and eyes, without a doubt.
"Is something wrong with it?" Amy asked him so suddenly, that he even flinched and felt a bit of the melting ice-cream dropping on his hand, which he quickly licked clean before fixing the melted parts by licking them off of the cone.
"Uh, no, nothing's wrong, hehe," he chuckled nervously, which actually worried Amy to an extent, as she raised her eyebrow in slight suspicion.

"You seem off today," she stated matter-of-factly before licking her own melting snack as the two walked towards the beach in order to join the others.
"I guess I overslept?" he tried to come up with some reasonable explanation for his actions, keeping his mouth shut about anything including Shadow.
"Hmm... I don't know, Sonic. You.. act a little weird lately, in general," Amy replied carefully, not wanting to insult her friend with her observations. The day they played Twister she got a lot of suspicions about him, she could just straight sense the strange energy in his presence. And now she sensed it again. Not to mention, that yesterday she didn't see him at all.
"Oh, please, you know me, adventures and stuff- oh Tails!" Sonic brushed it off and quickly finishing his ice-cream he rushed towards the twin-tailed fox boy, who was playing beach volleyball with some other mobians, Zooey being in the opposing team, ironicaly enough.

Due to hearing Sonic's call, the fox boy turned his head in the hedgehog's direction and got hit by the beach ball straight to his face, which made him stumble and fall onto the soft sand underneath.
"Soniiiic! This one is on you!" Tails complained as he stood up and brushed the sand particles off of his fur before getting suddenly dragged to a more secluded area, which confused the both teams.
"Sorry about this, buddy, but I need your help," Sonic spoke quickly to him, while Amy stood in the distance, clearly feeling upset, that Sonic simply ditched her like this.
"With Sha-"
"Shhhh! Not so loud," Sonic hastily covered the other's mouth to shush him before removing his hand, when Tails gave him a brief nod of understanding.
"I haven't seen him, Sonic. Not anywhere around the entire village, I don't know where he could be," the fox boy delivered the bad news to the hero in whisper, making Sonic lower his posture and turn sad.
"Okay... sorry again, heh, have fun," Sonic replied in rush before suddenly speeding off, away from the beach entirely. Tails noticed Amy looking towards him and gave her a shrug, as he could 'hear' her silent question about what the heck is going on with Sonic. He then returned to his team and resumed the sport game, Amy decided to sit nearby and watch them while rooting for the both lovers, despite them being in opposite teams.