Vol. 1 Chapter 1.1: A strange first day.

Timeline: April 1st 2015

Narrator's POV:

As Cid was about to close his eyes, he heard a woman speaking.

"Don't you think that you should give up your seat?"

Cid looked over to the direction that the voice came from.

'Is she speaking to me?'

Much to his relief, she wasn't speaking to him. Rather, she was referring to a boy in a priority seat.

"That is a really crazy question, lady. Why should I do that?"

The boy responded with confidence. He had straight blonde hair slicked back in a mullet, bright red eyes and a muscular build that could be seen even through the uniform blazer which he was wearing. Overall, he was quite handsome.

A/N: Official illustration from You-Zitsu Merge

A/N: Official illustration from You-Zitsu Merge. All of them are awesome.

After locating the source of the conflict, Cid immediately closed his eyes again to pretend to sleep.

"Can't you see the old woman having trouble?"

The woman, who looked like an office worker, continued to speak.

"Why should I give up my seat to an old woman? There is absolutely no reason to give it up."

The boy replied after taking out a small mirror from his pocket and looking at it to fix his hair.

Seeing this, the lady was steadily getting angrier by the minute.

"Isn't it natural to hand over the priority seat to the elderly?"

"I don't understand. Priority seats are just priority seats, and there is no legal obligation for me to move. Whether or not I move should be decided by me, who is currently sitting in this seat. To give up my seat just because I am a young man? That's a stupid way of thinking."

The boy spoke as if he did not care about anyone except himself, which was proven by his following statement.

"I am a healthy young man. Certainly, I don't feel that standing up would inconvenience me. However, it is obvious standing up will consume more physical strength than sitting down will. I don't want to do such a useless thing. Or maybe, are you telling me to be more lively and energetic?"

'His way of speaking is arrogant, but his logic is sound. Looking at it from a legal standpoint, there really is no obligation to give up your seat.' Cid remarked in his head, as if he was joining the discussion.

"What, what kind of attitude is that towards your superiors?!"

'And she lost the discussion. With an argument like that and the way she is speaking, no one is going to take her side. They might stand up for the elderly lady but nobody is going to try to defend her.'