Vol. 0 Epilogue: An annoying girl.

Timeline: 5 years after Cid's birth.

Yuki's POV:

I have a boy I'm interested in. 

He's kind of strange. 

He always observes everyone else's reaction to something and then imitates it. 

He finishes the test earlier than everyone else and pretends to keep writing on the paper.

He spaces out in the middle of an explanation, as if he doesn't care if he's going to get punished by the instructors.

Why?

Why hide what you feel? 

Why pretend like you're having difficulty? 

Why is he not scared of the instructors?

I want to ask him.

But how?

I don't even know him. I wouldn't even be able to talk to him

I guess I have to befriend him. 

But then again, how?

I know! Let's annoy him until he becomes my friend! This will certainly work. In fact, I should try it now! The earlier, the better right?

"Cid."

A cute boy with dark hair and even darker eyes stopped eating his lunch and turned to face me.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Yuki! Can't you even remember the names of your classmates?"

I looked at him with a pout. I already knew that he didn't pay attention to his peers, but not even trying to remember their names is just ridiculous.

"I just didn't care enough to do so. But why did you speak to me?"

To annoy you.

"I don't like carrots. Do you like them Cid?"

"They are nutritious."

"I'm asking you if you like them, not why we eat them."

"I don't like carrots either. They don't taste like anything."

A boy with violet hair who was sitting opposite to us suddenly spoke. I turned my attention to him and asked:

"Right? It feels like they are just there to fill up our plates."

"I don't dislike them."

I turned my attention back to Cid as he finally had answered my question. He then stood up and went to give his plate back to the kitchen.

I guess I got a little closer to him today.

***A year and a half later***

Today we had our swimming lessons.

I really liked them. Of course, we were kicked out if we failed to meet the standards but at least they gave us 30 minutes of free time to do anything we wanted.

My strategy to become friends with Cid paid off two months ago. It didn't change how he acted around me but I became more comfortable around him.

He stopped holding back on the activities after he had a talk with the Professor that the instructors are scared of.

I didn't have the courage to ask before but I will ask him what happened today.

I walked up to him after finding him observing our classmates from outside the pool.