Bonus Chapter - How Dev and Thierry Met

Comenzar desde el principio

"The genius kid?"

"That one".

"Hum. And what interest do you have with me?" Dev asked, curious.

"Your school - or ex-school - sent some videos of yours among the selected students for the new video platform that I'm producing. Among all the videos, from many schools all over the continent, yours were the best, there was no one who could even compete. Some of the best movie critics agreed on that. I want someone like you on my platform".

"Yeah... That sounds fantastic. Now, tell me, why should I believe that the kid in front of me is really the owner of one of the biggest companies and that he wants me to work with him? I'm sorry, I accepted the half an hour because I was curious. But less than five minutes and I'm already satisfied with this play. So, whoever you are, I'm not interested in your rich kids' play and whoever put you up to it. It was fun, it warmed up my hope, but also played with it. If you want another sandwich, I can make you one. But if you want a movie, you should probably go to K School. There are some gullible kids there that would work in exchange for 'experience'. I need money. And I'm not playing as a movie director anymore. Anyway, thank you for your time". Dev said, always a smile on his face.

Thierry left that day, but he was definitely coming back. But, he didn't know anything about the person he was talking to.

After being expelled from his parents house, Dev went to live with his friend, a senior from high school, Hunter, whom he was a close friend with. He was the only one willing to take him in. The guy had an apartment - or better, his parents had an apartment - that was close to his film school, and had two bedrooms. Still, Cyrus worked two part-time jobs to pay for his part in rent, water, electricity, gas and internet. He also payed for most of the groceries and many other things. And his friend still reminded him all the time what a great favor he was doing by taking him in. Cyrus knew the situation was far from perfect, but it was the only place he could afford while studying. He had to spend all his money, but it was better than living in the streets. And going back to his parents' place was impossible, even if he gave up on school. Not only were they not willing to take him back, but he didn't know if he could go back to tolerating the emotional abuse that many times turned into physical abuse because he did something he was not supposed to. Cyrus was always tired, and stressed, but he was living and thriving, the life he chose.

Cyrus and Hunter lived together for a year, but then Filipe appeared. He was a beautiful omega boy, but he was beautiful as he was vicious and malicious. He would always flirt with Cyrus, although he was dating his roommate. And when he was alone with Hunter, he would bad-mouth Cyrus and tell Hunter that Cyrus was harassing him and doing all kinds of bad things - even stealing and damaging Hunter's property. Many times, Filipe stole or broke things only to blame Cyrus and make Hunter mad with him. One day, Cyrus caught Filipe with another man, but when he told Hunter, Hunter said that Cyrus was trying to poison him against Filipe.

One day, Filipe turned up pregnant. Hunter was ecstatic, but Cyrus was skeptical. Filipe would have gotten pregnant by the time Hunter was back with his family, so the baby wasn't his. Cyrus couldn't say anything, because his friend wouldn't believe. And, he already knew what would happen. He resigned and just reunited all his things. He sold all he couldn't carry and waited for the day he would be kicked out. On the day Hunter kicked him out, he just grabbed his things and walked out the door. As he passed by Hunter, he whispered in his ears:

"The baby ain't yours. Do the DNA".

He didn't know if Hunter did or not the DNA, and he didn't even want to know. He didn't care anymore. In the six months since then, the only thing he cared about was money. As misfortune doesn't come alone, the store he worked at closed and the other fired him because he no longer had a fixed place. He could no longer afford his college. For the first six weeks, he had nowhere to live. People would steal his things, and by the third week he had lost half of his belongings. He would sometimes sleep in shelters, but when they were full, he would sleep in the park, his bag as his pillow. The money he got by selling his things ended in the fourth week. He couldn't get a job, but he could get something that paid him enough to eat and buy basic hygiene products. He would take baths in public bathrooms and try his best to maintain the minimum of dignity.