#19《Bouquet》

Chapter 19

While Midoriya was talking on the phone to Uraraka, you and Todoroki were in the same room as Iida, who was getting examined by the doctor.

"Midoriya, Iida just finished getting examined." The half and half said to the boy.

"My left hand might have long-term damage... Both of my arms were pretty beat up, but it looks like the damage
to my left arm was especially severe.
There was damage to my brachial plexus. But it just means that I'll have
trouble moving my hand and fingers
and experience some numbness." The class rep said as you looked at his arm.

Poor Iida, he must be going through a lot right now.

"When I found the hero killer, I stopped being able to think. The first thing I should've done was tell Manual. But I forgot myself in my anger. Being taken in by the hatred before you and trying to fulfill your own desires... That is the furthest from what a hero should be.
I hate him, but he spoke the truth. That's why, until I become a true hero,
I think I want to leave my left hand as it is."

Iida said as you all looked down.

"Iida, Back then, if I had been more emphatic..." Midoriya began but Todoroki stopped him.

"No, stop. Iida's already accepted it. It would be rude of me to apologize. Iida, I feel the same way." He said as you nodded. He was right, right now we all need to move forward.

"I will let this hand guide me. Let's become stronger... together." The class said in his inspirational voice. You probably would've teared up if it wasn't for Todoroki.

"I feel... kind of bad..."

"About what?" You and Midoriya asked at the same time.

"I feel like if I get involved... other people mess up their hands... Is it a curse?" He said in a completely serious voice, while looking down at his hand.

He's joking right? RIGHT?

There's no way, Todoroki can't make jokes. He's too dense for that. You covered your mouth, but a short laugh still managed to escape.

The boy with half-red, half-white haired looked at you with a raised brow. It didn't help that you and Midoriya made eye contact.

Both of you burst out laughing at the same time. Iida soon joined in and the room became lively.

"Todoroki, I didn't know you could make jokes!" The green haired boy said through laughs.

"No, I'm not joking. I'm like 'The Hand Crusher' or something."

That made you laugh even more. You held onto your stomach for dear life and fell to the floor. "Are you okay? Is this a new kind of seizure?"

Todoroki asked with a concerned look. That was the best laugh I've had in a while.

A few days passed since the incident and you were all allowed to leave the hospital. While your other classmates were finishing up their internships you sat at the register of a flower shop.

The last time you went shopping, you went over the limit on your dad's card just a bit. Basically he refused to fund your expensive life-style, which meant that you had to work to earn your own money.

You worked at a flower shop in the morning and at a cafe in the evening.

Man this is boring. You thought while sighing. You've been om your phone for the past hour. Still no customers...

Todoroki was on his way to the hospital to visit his mother. He passed by a certain flower shop and stopped. Would Mother like some flower?

He headed inside the shop, looking at all the colorful options.

You looked up at the first customer of the day as your eyes widened. Oh fuck. You were planning on hiding until he left, but you were the only staff in the shop.

You groaned and decided it was not a big deal.

"Oh? Suzuki-san, what are you doing here?" The boy asked as he walked up to the front counter.

"Hey Todoroki, It's good to see you. I actually work here." You answered awkwardly as he nodded.

"Why do you have to work though? It's your father rich?" He asked making you rub the back of your neck. You chuckled nervously.

"He just doesn't wanna give me his card anymore. I think I spent too much of his money recently."

Todoroki nodded at your words as he looked at the flowers once more. "What kind of flowers are you looking for?" You asked curiously.

The boy with heterochromic eyes thought for a moment. "I'm not sure what she would like." He said and looked back at you.

You raised a brow. 'She'?

"I'm was planning on visiting her in the hospital."

Realization suddenly hit you. Right.. He's talking about his mother. "Hmm, Do you know what color she likes? Maybe we can start with that."

You said and walked up to the display of flowers.

After about 15 minutes of going back and forth, Todoroki's eyes stopped on purple Delphiniums. "Those are really pretty, One of the best choices here."

You said and picked out a few for him to see up close. "I see, what do you think?"

He asked catching you off guard. Is he seriously asking for my opinion??

"Well, Delphiniums are second on my list of flowers." You said and raised the flower to your nose. "They smell really nice too."

Todoroki raised a brow and asked.

"Do they?"

You smiled and raised the flower to his nose. His eyes lit up for a second. "So I'll ring a bouqet of Delphiniums for you." You said but he stopped you.

"Wait, what's the first one on your list?"

Todoroki said making you smile. You weren't expecting him to ask that.

You grabbed a few Hydrangeas and showed them to him. The boy instinctivey bent down to the flowers to smell them. You froze for a second as he looked up at you.

Well this is awkward.

"I'll get both of them."

Todoroki broke the silence as you nodded. You returned to the register and carefully wrapped the two kinds of flowers together to form a bouquet. You told him the price as the boy payed.

"Thanks for picking out flowers from our flower shop." You said with a smile, just the way you would with other customers.

You handed Todoroki the bouquet as he spoke.

"No, thank you for helping. I'm sure my mother will like them."

He waved goodbye and exitted the shop. Your eyes followed his figure as he held the bouquet carefully, a tiny smile visible on his lips.

TO BE CONTINUED...