CHAPTER 28: SUN CITY HOTEL

Quinn's POV

I was tensed while driving on the way to Savi's house. I kept blowing off short breaths just to calm myself. It's for your peace, Quinn. Kumalma ka.

Binagalan ko ang patakbo ko nang alam kong malapit na ang bahay niya. And then I stopped infront her house. I rolled down my window to peak at the second floor. The house looked quiet.

Lumabas ako ng kotse. The first thing I saw was the gate with padlock which only means no one was inside. Wala ba talagang tao mula kagabi o nahuli lang ako ng dating?

I rang the doorbell but it's not even working. Sa sobrang tagal na walang gumagamit ay hindi na gumagana. Of course, it's been six years. Even the doorbell is tired of waiting. Ako kaya, kailan mapapagod?

Dahil bigo ako sa lakad ko ay naisip ko nalang na magliwaliw sa mall. I bought a strawberry smoothie and began wandering the place. I saw a salon. Should I dye my hair? The last time I dyed my hair was six years ago when Savi told me the that the blue hair suits me. Should I go back to blue or try another color? Bagay kaya sa'kin ang—

"Anak ng—" I was surprised when a ball hit my hand, causing my drink to fall right on my white shoes. Naligo ng strawberry smoothie ang bagong sapatos ko. Great.

"Opsies!" I heard a small voice blurted out. I saw a small white shoes walking near my direction and stopped infront. I lifted my face to see a very familiar kid. Nakasuot ito ng striped polo at khaki shorts. He or she then put her sunglasses on her head. "My bad, ma'am. I'll ask my uncle to give you money for your shoes." Saad nito. I think she's a girl. A masculine little girl.

I shook my head. "No need. Just don't do it again." I said, not tearing my eyes off of her. She is very familiar. I know we've never met before but it feels like I've known this kid for a long time. "What's your name?"

"Atarah," she answered in monotone, not tearing her eyes off of me too. Tila inaanalisa namin ang mukha ng isa't-isa. I tilted my head on the side to examine her face clearer. She tilted her head too, while looking at me straight in the eyes.

"You're familiar." We both said. Pareho rin kaming nagulat. Hindi nawala ang tingin namin sa isa't-isa hanggang sa may marinig kami.

"Atarah!" Sabay naming nilingon ang baritonong boses na tumatawag sa kanya. Isang pamilyar na lalaki. He gazed at me and his eyes darkened. "Atarah, let's go." The man held the kid's hand and started pulling her away.

"Wait, uncle! We left the ball!" Sigaw ng bata habang nakaturo sa pinuntahan ng kanyang bola.

"It's okay. I'll buy you a new one." The man said then carried the child. Mabilis silang nakalayo. I was just there, watching them fade on my eyesight, standing like a statue with the smoothie on my shoes.

That man is not just familiar. I've met him. I know him. He is Savi's older brother. The one that I thought was her boyfriend. Tinawag siyang uncle ng bata. The kid is familiar too. She's.. she's the one I saw at Savi's house. Kaya ba pamilyar siya sa'kin dahil siya yung nakita ko? Damn. Damn it!

Tumakbo ako para tahakin ang direksyong pinuntahan nila. I glanced from left to right hoping to see a glimpse of them. I looked at the next floor but they're still not there. Nag-hagdan ako papunta sa ground floor. Nagpalinga-linga ako para hanapin sila. Wala na. Hindi ko na sila makita. The mall is huge. It's really impossible to look for them unless ipapa-page ko sila. But it looks like Stephen is avoiding me. Mas mahihirapan akong hanapin sila.

I contacted Ate Nikita. It's her forte—to investigate people. Siya ang makakatulong sa'kin.

"Ate," I said after she picked up the call.