CHAPTER 29: DEAD

[A/N: Happy Heart's Day, Everyone!]

...

Quinn's POV

Savi waited for me to get dressed, buy a new set of clothes, and change. Hindi pa kasi tuyo iyong mga nilabhan kong damit ko kaya kinailangan kong bumili ng bago.

It's still dawn. Kaya pala hindi pa maayos na nagfu-function ang utak ko.

Let me just clear everything in my head.

Savi is here. She went to our room and fetched me. She waited for me to get ready and now she's infront of me in the hotel restaurant. She's really here. She's actually here.

I pinched myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming. I'm not. It's real. Savi is real. This is real.

"Did you sleep with her?" Tanong niya na nagpabalik sa'kin sa reyalidad. I gazed at her. There's a hint of annoyance on her face but she's still glowing. Damn she's gorgeous. There are strands of hair on the side of her forehead, her cheeks are glowing pink, and her lips are looking like marshmallows. "Hey, I'm asking you."

I blinked multiple times to focus.

"P-Pardon?" Kabadong tanong ko nang makita ang matalim niyang tingin. Her long-curvy lashes are adding appeal to her eyes. Sa ganda ng mata niya ay natutunaw ang takot ko at napapalitan ng pagkamangha.

"Nevermind. It's not like you're still committed to me." She said in a bitter tone. "What's your order?" She asked, changing the topic in a span of seconds.

"Kailan ka pa umuwi?" I ignored her question.

"Just last week." She answered plainly. Her eyes seems so weary.

I opened my mouth but there's no word that came out. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin, napapakagat sa aking labi. Now that she's here, I can't even collect my thoughts.

"I waited..." I whispered after the long moment of silence.

"I came back." She replied which made me look at her. She's smiling but the sadness is evident on her eyes.

"After six years, yeah." Mapait kong turan. Mabilis na dumaan ang sakit sa kanyang mata. She blinked and it's gone.

"I'm sorry." She said in a low and apologetic tone. Her eyes dropped on the table.

"That's all you're going to say after six years?" Hindi makapaniwalang anas ko.

"W-What else do you want me to say?" Nag-angat siya ng tingin. She has this longing on her eyes.

"Explain yourself of course." I stated in an obvious manner. What else? Ang dami niyang pwedeng sabihin, ang dami niyang pwedeng ipaliwanag. She can start from the beginning and I will listed until the end. "Give me your valid reason and I will forget how you broke your promise."

Her eyes waver. She looked away as her lips started to tremble. Napalunok siya, tila hirap na hirap sa sitwasyon. Anong mahirap sa pagpapaliwanag?

"Come on, Savi. Just explain everything and I will forget those six years that you made me look dumb." May hinanakit na saad ko. I'm trying my very best not to look weak. I've been week for those six years. Ang hina-hina ko noong wala siya. I should've regained my strength now but why do I feel so fragile?

"Rae..." She trailed off as she try to reach for my hand but I immediately keep my hand away from her. Her eyes are pleading. I should be tough. I want the truth.

"S-Sasabihin mo lang naman kung bakit mo ako pinaghintay nang gano'n katagal... Why, Savi?" I asked while looking at her intently. "Why—" I was cut off.