Chapter 4- Finally Meeting

Cairo prison. One of the worst hellholes on earth. Every low-life form of scumbag can be found here. The Warden, a first-rate scumbag himself, escorts (Y/N) and Jonathan across the gallows courtyard. (Y/N) whispers to Jonathan. "you told me you found it on a dig down in Thebes!"

Jonathan replies, "I was mistaken." 

(Y/N) whisper-shouts, "You lied to me!" 

Jonathan replies, still not caring, "I lie to everybody; what makes you so special?"  

"I'm your sister." 

"That just makes you more gullible."  

"You stole it from a drunk at the local Casbah?!" 

Jonathan corrects, "Picked his pocket, actually."

As they head to the visitor pen, the Warden ushers (Y/N) and Jonathan into the holding pen. "And what is he in prison for?" she questions

The warden answers, "I did not know, so when I heard you were coming, I asked him that myself."  

"And what did he say?"  

"He said,...he was just looking for a good time." 

The interior cell door burst open. Damian is in chains, dragged by four guards; they shove him up to the cell bars. From the looks of it, he's been here awhile; his face is half hidden by long hair, a scraggly beard and many new bruises. (Y/N) looks at him, disgusted by his appearance. "But he's just a filthy criminal?"  

"(cringing) Way to go, (Y/N)." 

Damian gives (Y/N) the once over, then looks at Jonathan. "So, who's the broad?" 

(Y/N) angrily questions. "Broad?!"  

"She's my sister, actually."  

"Yeah? Well,...I'm sure she's not a total loss." (Y/N) is stunned and furious. 

The Warden heads out the door and tells them, "I'll be back in a moment." 

Damian sarcastically says, "I tremble with anticipation." 

A Guard clubs Damian across the head, and Wayne's face bounces off the metal bars. He shows no pain but looks back and gives the Guard a nasty look. (Y/N) steps closer. "We found ... your puzzle box, and we've come to ask you about it." 

Wayne replies, "No."  

"No?" 

He answers her question. "No. ...You came to ask me about Hamunaptra." 

(Y/N) and Jonathan quickly looks around, hoping the guards didn't hear him. They step closer. (Y/N) plays coy. "How do you know the box pertains to Hamunaptra?"  

"Because that's where I found it. I was there." 

(Y/N) is dumbstruck. But Jonathan looks suspicious. "How do we know that's not a load of pig swallow?" 

Damian looks closer at Jonathan, a glint of recognition. "Hey,..don't I know you?" 

Jonathan stutters to find an answer. "Um, well, you see...." 

Damian's fist comes flying through the bars, hits Jonathan square in the jaw, and decks him. He hits the floor. Out cold. A Guard Clubs Damian. His head bounces off the bars again. He shows no pain but gives the Guard another nasty look. 

(Y/N) looks down at her brother, then back at Wayne. "You were actually at Hamunaptra?" 

"I just decked your brother."