17. Emily

Malachi runs his fingers through his hair, walking over the open field to Ben and Graham standing in front of two very pissed-off women. One whose legs go on for days, standing even barefoot, she's taller than me, high-waisted black shorts stopping at her thin tan thighs, poking out from behind a white tank top showing off the black bra from underneath it as she flips her straight blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Beta, Delta, move." He grumbles, standing beside me, as the two men move to let me see who else is waiting for him. Her waist-length black hair is curling around her slim shoulders, a dark purple sundress falling around her thighs, her hazel eyes trailing over me, with a smirk pulling at the corners of her perfectly lined red lips. Yeah, I know. I know what I look like, and it is not like them.

"What." Malachi snaps.
"Really? That's all we get. You have been avoiding us for weeks." The blonde snaps back, flipping her hair over her shoulder.
"Watch it, Darcy." I know without looking up at him, his eyes are heating up, pulling the Alpha out.
"I mean, I thought they were just rumors." Sundress retorted back.
"What was Scarlett?" He crosses his arms over his chest, looking unimpressed with whatever they were trying to do.
"That little snow tamed you. You've had her in your bed for weeks now, and she doesn't even smell like you. Little snow can't be worth that much." Scarlett laughs, looking at me with disgust.
"Excuse me?" Malachi growls, taking a step towards them.
"You heard her, Alpha." Darcy answers back,
"I don't think I did." Malachi takes another step, closing the space between them. The lack of space pulls my eyes to him. I shouldn't care, but I watch where their hands go and where he is.
"Even if I did. It doesn't matter. This is not happening right now. You have shit to say you can come to my office. Not interrupting my training."
"It didn't look like we were interpreting training, Malachi."

"It's Alpha," Malachi growls back, holding back. I can feel it. I can feel the storm waiting to break over us, the control he keeps pushing them back.
"Well, Alpha." Scarlett snarls, "I just wanted to say." Then, as a slap echoes in my ears, she growls, followed by dangerous growls ripping out of Malachi's chest. Before he can answer the disrespect, my body is between them, my hands shoving Scarlett away from him as I step back to my Alpha, my palm flat on his belly, crouching in front of him. Answering with my growls, feeling the heat pull through my eyes, pulling the violet of my other half out, my canines sharpening, I feel her wanting to push through. 

We will fight this time. 

Never again.

"Touch him, again." I dare her. My upper lip twitches, and my canines itch, waiting for her to follow back through. Malachi steps from behind me. His fingers are running down my spine.
"You need some pathetic snow to protect you? Some Alpha you are!" Scarlett growls. Malachi walks slowly up to her. Each step measured as if each foot on the ground could take the anger with it. His fingers rip her eyes to him, his hands in her long black hair, low growls pouring from his chest. "Say the words, Scarlett. Say them!" His eyes are glowing, Malachi's growls are echoing around us, the team's training backing away from the scene in front of me, their eyes casting down, submitting to the Alpha in front of them. Not wanting to be next.

Scarlett tries to pull her eyes away, feeling the push of the authority against her mind, I felt it too only I had no need to pull my eyes down. Submission is earned here, I reminded myself. Earned. Malachi had earned it over the years with his people, maybe had earned it with me, but I didn't even know how that would feel. Her eyes cast downward, "Alpha." She gasps as Malachi throws her to the ground, Scarlett scrambles up going to her knees, her head down almost touching her thighs, palms up, submitting. Making herself small, not a threat. Darcy follows suit, being small on the ground next to her partner.

"Get the fuck out of my face, both of you." Malachi scoffs, turning away from them, taking my hand in his, pulling me out with him. I turn my head back, keeping my eyes on them. How dare they touch him. 

He is mine. 

Wait. 

What?

 The thought makes me shake my head. 

Is he?