Chapter 4 - Unexpected Date

This day can't get anymore weird. Now instead of Kat, I have to have someone in order for Bianca to date. And she's so sure that I will find someone. I literally just started here. How does she expect me to find someone this fast? The only guy I've met that I have a bit of interest in is Patrick. And that's a laugh. Yes, we've talked. But that doesn't mean a thing. I highly doubt he'd even consider doing anything with me. On that note, I head outside to watch Kat. She plays soccer. And she's pretty good at it. I sit down, right when she knocks someone to the ground, continuing to kick the ball across the field. And she can be very aggressive. Which by now, is not a hard thing to figure out.

"Hey there girly!" I jumped a little in my seat upon hearing someone. I looked beside me, to see Patrick sit. My eyes grew wide. Then I looked next to me, then behind me. But he was looking at me. Am I in the twilight zone?

"How ya doing?" I gave a little smile. Confused as hell. But other than that just peachy!

"Not bad. Just a lot has happened since I first got here this morning. You'd think I had a sign on my head telling all the weirdos to come talk to me." He gave a laugh. He was so bubbly all of a sudden. Is this really Patrick or does he have some twin I don't know about?

"Now that's a way to get someone's attention." I heard the whistle blow, signaling practice was over. I looked at Patrick, rising from my seat still really confused. I like Patrick. Don't get me wrong. But he never seemed that interested in me before.

"I guess so." I started to walk, noting that Patrick was following me. What is happening....?

"Pick you up on Friday then?" What??? Hold the phone. Pick me up??

"What?" He grinned like he was so confident this was happening. Something I was so lost about. Am I going nuts?

"Well, I'll take you places you've never been before." I stopped walking, looking up at him. What does he mean by that? Oh no. Calm down Skye. I doubt anything like that....

"And exactly what would be that? And another thing, do you even know my name yet?" He seemed a little stumped after that one, making me roll my eyes as I kept on walking, getting a little miffed to be honest.

"I know a lot more than you think." I gave him a confused look. What. In. The. Hell. Is. Going. On??? He's asking me out. Just out of the blue. Okay. Maybe. But why??

"Oh really? What's my name then?" He looked at me smiling, a big smile that was honestly so cute. Oh my gosh Skye stop!

"Skye. Skye Martin."Okay, so he does know my name. I give him a little smile for actually knowing it after all.

"I'll think about it." And then I walk off, not looking behind me. I never thought that would happen. The schools bad boy asking me out?I'm surprised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school, Kat and I went to the music store, our home away from home. That's where we met over the summer. She loves to go and play on some of the guitars. And I love the drums. Music is a big thing of mine. I got a couple of CDs, then headed out to my car, to find Patrick leaning on it, looking it over.

"Nice car." I stopped in my tracks. Are you serious? Now he suddenly wants to follow me everywhere? Am I being punked?

"Are you following me now?" I was trying to hide my grin. But he saw it and grinned right back, seeming light as air. He's changed a lot suddenly. It's odd.

"I was in the laundry mat, I saw your car, and came over to say hi."Yeah. Okay. But I gave a little smile anyway.

"Well, hi."I continued to walk to my car, about to get in, when Patrick slid across the door, blocking my way. He was inches from my face. My heart stopped for about a minute. Okay Aussie boy. Stop doing this to me.

"Not much of a talker huh?" I backed up a little, giving him a look. Well, duh.

"Well, depends on the topic. My car really doesn't get my mouth moving very often." He looked me over with a look that about made me melt in my shoes. Why does he have to be so damn hot?

"You're not afraid of me are you?"He gave a little smirk while saying that. Afraid? Of him? Come on now.

"Why would I be afraid of you? Honestly." He leaned in closer, our breaths mingling together as my heart seemed to beat so much more than it ever has.

"Well most people are." I just smirked. Two can play this game bud.

"Well I'm not." He seemed so humored by my reactions. He was loving this.

"Well maybe you're not afraid of me. But I'm sure you've thought about me naked. Huh?" My eyes widen a tad. Then he winks. Oh dear god. My heart just picked up its pace again.

 My heart just picked up its pace again

He laughed at the look on my face. So not funny man!

"Wow. Have you been watching my dreams? Because I totally need you right now." I gave a smirk, opening my car door, knocking him out of the way. Patrick looked at me, then lifted his arms in the air, defeated. I grinned. I looked over at Kat, to see her giving me a look. The Kat Stratford look. Oh no. Then Joey pulled in. And of course, blocked Kats way. Can't even escape him out of school. I lay my head on my steering-wheel. This is going to get ugly.

"Do you mind???" Joey just gave her a shrug like he really wanted to die. So stupid.

"Not at all." Then she did something that honestly, didn't surprise me. She backed right up into his car.

"You bitch!!!!" I started laughing my ass off. Okay, this has certainly been the most entertaining day ever. I looked over to see Patrick still there, laughing. He looked at me, then grinned. I just smiled back. I love this place.