Enies Lobby Damage Control Incoming!//Chapter 39

Start from the beginning

"Cap'!"

"Cap'!"

"On it!" Luffy held her ankles while he twisted himself and then unwinded himself in a small tornado as Faythe held her swords out to decommission the marines out of the battlefield. Her swords ended up breaking again due to her exerted force.

"Shit! Again!?" Faythe tossed the broken swords over her shoulder with a scowl, "Where can I get some decent swords in this piece of junk—!!" She hollered as she landed into a roll before sprinting forward. She followed close behind Luffy as he pushed forward in the lead.

"TAKE 'EM DOWN!!"

"ITS JUST TWO UNARMED PIRATES!!"

Just as Luffy nailed the first kick into a marine's face, Faythe skidded underneath his arm and connected her fist into an oncoming marine that wanted to get a sneak in on her Captain.

"AUUHH!!"

"GYAAAHH—!!"

"Not today, bitch...!" She shook her fist out because of the sudden soreness, "I should probably stick to my kicks..."

"Leave the punching to me, Fae—!!" Luffy hollered as he grabbed her by the waist—while being mindful of her wound—and latched his free hand up onto the giant door knobs of the Front Gate.

His feet landed against the gate as they both were practically standing sideways—while looking down at the gapping soldiers.

"GUH—!!"

"WHAT A RECKLESS ATTITUDE!!"

Luffy smiled down at them, "We gotta get movin'!!"

Faythe waved at them just as Luffy slingshot himself up and over the Front Gate, "We'll be back later—!!!" Her voice trailed off as she grew more distant.

/:/~***~/:/

There's a moment in battling a hoard of people that gives Faythe a repetitive daze of state. A continuation of dodging a swing of a sword. Or shifting to the side while getting out of the range of a bullet aimed at one's forehead. Or maybe it's just that she had gotten used to how Luffy would continuously pull her towards him in the middle of a fight if she strayed off too far.

All in all, Faythe didn't even bother counting the numbers of fallen marines in their path of destruction. Piles upon piles of bodies lay behind them, either knocked out, or sleeping forever. The red head wouldn't know because she simply couldn't care.

Currently she had given up on battling and just decided to chase after Luffy while looking for something useful to fight with. She didn't wanna drain her own energy when she knew she had a battle coming sooner or later.

"How many of these motherfuckers are we gonna knockdown before we get the hell out of this base—!" Faythe took in a sharp inhale as she felt a stitch come unloose. Her hand immediately snapped to apply pressure, "Shit...!" She hissed at the sharp ache in her side. But instead of stopping to check the damage, she continued on. Her eyes never Luffy's back as he plowed through the enemies.