Chapter 16: The Weight of Jealousy

As Jimin retreated to his room, his heart heavy with disappointment, another storm brewed within the castle walls. Rose, consumed by jealousy and hurt, found herself grappling with emotions she couldn't quite articulate.

Meanwhile, V, ever the empathetic friend, sensed Rose's distress and decided to check on her. He made his way to her quarters, his concern evident in the furrow of his brow.

Standing before Rose's door, V hesitated for a moment, gathering his thoughts before he knocked softly. "Rose, it's me, V. Can we talk?"

Inside, Rose's heart clenched at the sound of his voice. She longed to open the door, to confide in him, but the green tendrils of jealousy wrapped tightly around her, clouding her judgment.

With a trembling voice, she called out, "I... I'm not feeling well, V. Please, just leave me alone."

V's heart sank at her response, the weight of her pain palpable even through the closed door. "Rose, I'm here for you. Please, let me help."

But Rose, consumed by her own turmoil, remained steadfast in her refusal. She couldn't bear to face V, knowing that her feelings for Jungkook had always been a barrier between them.

V, though hurt by her rejection, respected her wishes and reluctantly turned away from her door. He couldn't shake the feeling of helplessness that gnawed at him, knowing that Rose was suffering and he couldn't ease her pain.

As he walked away, V's thoughts drifted to the complexities of life and love. Sometimes, he mused, the heart led us down paths we never expected, leaving us tangled in emotions we couldn't easily untangle.

In the quiet solitude of the castle corridors, V found solace in the gentle rhythm of his footsteps. Life, he realized, was a tapestry woven with threads of joy and sorrow, love and loss. And in that moment, as he grappled with his own emotions, he vowed to be there for Rose, even if she couldn't yet see past the shadows of her own jealousy.

For V, love wasn't just about romantic gestures or grand declarations. It was about standing by someone's side, even when they pushed you away. It was about offering a hand of support, even when it went unacknowledged.

And so, with a heavy heart and a determination to be there for his friend, V continued down the corridor, his footsteps echoing the quiet echoes of life's complexities.