reply

Chapter 14: Threads of Elegance

In the serene days that followed Jimin's culinary surprise, a sense of harmony enveloped the castle. However, as fate would have it, the tranquility was disrupted when Rose and her friends gathered for an afternoon coffee.

Jimin, engrossed in a book in the castle's lush courtyard, became the unwitting subject of gossip among Rose's friends. Their hushed whispers and stifled laughter reached Jimin's ears, drawing his attention away from the pages.

Amidst the floral fragrance and the gentle rustling of leaves, Rose and her friends sat at a table, indulging in a conversation that would sow the seeds of discord.

Jimin, with a calm demeanor, approached them, intending to inquire if they needed anything. However, before he could speak, he overheard a snippet of their conversation.

"Did you see how Jimin dresses? It's as if he's trying to blend in with the beggars," one of Rose's friends remarked, casting a disdainful glance at Jimin's attire.

Rose, her laughter blending with the gossip, chimed in, "And he's the queen now. He should learn how to carry himself with some elegance. I mean, just look at his clothes."

Jimin, though hurt by the words, maintained his composure. He gently cleared his throat, announcing his presence. "Is there anything I can get for you, ladies?"

Rose, seemingly unfazed, looked at Jimin with a smirk. "Ah, Jimin, perfect timing. Serve us some tea, won't you?"

Jimin, deciding to rise above the gossip, nodded gracefully. "Of course, Rose. I'll be right back with the tea."

As he prepared the tea, Rose's friends continued their gossip, oblivious to Jimin's presence. Unbeknownst to them, Seokjin, the castle's steward, observed the scene with keen interest.

Once the tea was ready, Jimin approached the table with a tray in hand. Rose, with a playful glint in her eyes, remarked, "Jimin, dear, you really should consider upgrading your wardrobe. You're a queen now, after all."

Jimin, maintaining his poise, replied with a hint of amusement, "Clothes don't define a person, Rose. I believe in expressing oneself authentically, regardless of societal expectations."

Rose's friends exchanged smirks, thinking they had successfully baited Jimin. Seokjin, however, continued to watch, curious to see how Jimin would navigate the situation.

Serving the tea gracefully, Jimin couldn't help but address the comment about his attire. "By the way, Rose, about my clothing choice – I find comfort in simplicity. It's not about appearing regal; it's about being true to oneself."

Rose's friend, attempting to further provoke, remarked, "But shouldn't a queen set an example for the kingdom? Your clothes are hardly befitting of royalty."

Jimin, sipping his own tea, responded calmly, "Setting an example goes beyond clothing. It's about kindness, empathy, and contributing positively to the kingdom. Clothes are just threads; the true elegance lies in one's character."

Seokjin, impressed by Jimin's composed response, discreetly nodded in approval. Rose, realizing that her attempts to provoke had been met with grace.

Seokjin, seizing an opportunity, approached Jimin when the guests had left. "Your resilience is commendable, Jimin. Remember, true strength lies in staying true to oneself."

Jimin smiled, grateful for the support. "Thank you, Seokjin.