♕ 27 ♔

[Psalm]

Everett woke me up in the morning, asking me to join him to do some shopping. Which was a good thing, since I didn't want to stay the the mansion without at least making a meal with my money.

Solomon and River weren't anymore around when we had breakfast. Everett apologized in their behalf as we ate in silence.

Since Eros had to attend school today, who was obviously not happy about that and threw a slight whining tantrum until he got his chocolate milk, I am left stuck with him alone.

I haven't really exchanged much words with Everett only when Sadie or Eros are around. I only know that he's the mixture of both his brothers by his looks and his personality.

I wonder what Sadie saw in him other than his looks...

He can be charming and witty but most of the time he's intimidatingly calm and collected.

"Do me a favour and tell his men to hold back fire. We're not interested in deceiving any acquaintances for company profit. I'll break the contract sooner or later", He drove us to the mall in silence, not much small talk since he had to take heated phone calls from 3 different entrepreneurs.

All I got to know is that 3 companies were aware of suspicions of a marketing company going against their business treaty which they all signed up to. A surveillance camera footage was sent to him as he watched the co-operating partner secretly meet up with an agent.

It must be hard being in their shoes. These brothers seem to have everything in control, even on times where it seems like they are near their downfall.

He manages to hold a formal conversation during a conflict while driving around the crowded roads and remaining rational before making any decisions.

Multi-tasking is his specialty.

"These calls are just endless", he mutters underneath his breath as we walk around the crowded mall.

I smile, "I'm assuming the calls are a daily routine."

"Unfortunately", He chuckles, "But it's the duty of a business man. Try to stay connected in terms of profiting. Reluctantly, having to call the most repulsive people and try to get on their good sides. If you don't manage succeeding with peace, you're forced it to happen. Surprisingly, the first try always worked well for me. Perhaps it's not adequately to talk about my business partners. They are surely honored having me around enough."

He winks followed by a gentle chuckle, infecting me with it. It's just the way he said it so sarcastically with his playful gesture to it.

Everett took me to an exquisite men's boutique stacked with eye-catching tailored suits and ties.

Why didn't that surprise me?

There's no doubt that out of all three, he probably spends more on his looks and belongings.

With a frown he stared at his probably newly bought brown suit saying, "I need a new one. Don't you think?"

The second we stepped clerks welcome us with champagne and a private dressing room.

"This way, Madam and Mr. Levin", a well dressed clerk smiles as he lead us through the hall. The doors get swung open and spot pretty shining walls, clean mirrors, a leather sofa and mahogany table stacked with white roses, expensive drinks and sweets.

Damn these rich privileges...

"Sit down", Everett gestures me to sit on the milion-dollar sofa, "I'll be right soon"

♕ 𝐃𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐬 ♔ [ON GOING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें