♕ 05 ♔

[Psalm]

I told Sadie about what happened a day ago and she couldn't believe it either. Why would they pay me and on top of that give me a false business card? After all the current CEO is named Slate Sullivan. None of them own that name.

I tried asking Eros about the business his father and his uncles lead but he verifies not knowing anything about it by shrugging it my question off.

"There's only one way to find out." She hammers her fist to her open palm, looking determined. "We have to get inside that building."

Yeah right.

I burst into laughter. "And what is your excuse to walk in that massive building? What if they don't own that place?"

She bites on her thumb, "Then... We'll ask That Everett guy to take us. I mean he always comes to pick up his son in the library right?"

She's nuts. Sadie may be 25, holds a lot of responsibilities but also has unreasonable ideas.

"I get that your curious but we can't just ask so boldly. Besides wouldn't it be risky to have you involved in this? I don't want anything to happen to you." I reason as she looks at me.

"We're in this together. I won't let you go through this alone! You hear me?" She grabs my hands, looking at me with determination. "Let me do the talking!"

I find it hard to trust people. After what my parents did and Callum. But Sadie slowly breaks the barrier.

I can't help but smile as she squeezes them tight. "Okay."

Cyrus raises his eyebrows as he walks out of the kitchen. "Am I missing something?"

Sadie shoots him a look, " Nope."

"Why are you holding hands then?" Our 19 year old colleague curiously asks with a grin.

She hastily releases my hand and looks at me giggling then back to him. "Jealous? Want me to hold your hands?"

Smooth.

Cyrus scrunched his face in disgust. "Gross, no."

"Tell that to your mirror." She rolls her eyes back. "By the way, you're in charge later. Psalm and I are off duty."

His eyes widen. "Ain't no way!"

"Yes, only for today though." She smiles as he growls.

"Oh, give me a break!"

We both at him laugh, which lifts up the atmosphere in this room.

***

I don't know why but having Sadie sit beside me in the library gives me comfort but also confusion.

"He's adorable." Was the first word she spoke when she saw him.

"I know right." I mutter back before I introduce her to him.

Eros looks at me then back to Sadie after listening to my rant. "So, Sadie is your friend?" He repeats.

"Yes and she's here with us for today."

He keeps his curious eyes on her and looks away, slowly unzipping his bag.

Sadie leans beside me, whispering. "He doesn't seem to like me very much, does he?"

I giggle and whisper back. "It takes him a while."

Eros places his exquisite snacks on the table, grinning from ear to ear. "If you say so. Then she's my friend too."