♕ 21 ♔

[Psalm]

"One day we'll both make it. Like kings and queens building their own empire. That I promise you, Psalm", Callum gently pulled me in for a kiss.

I loved the thought of it. Just him and me against the whole world.

We didn't have anything other than a cheap accommodation. A hostel to be precise.

It wasn't the cleanest place but that didn't bother me as long as he was with me. He took me in and rebelled against his family. They disliked the idea of me being a part of him after finding out who i really was, who my family was. Yet he insisted. That much I owe him for taking care of me.

When he got admitted to college we managed to afford a small apartment.

While he was busy making the best out of his studies, I was baking from home and making private deliveries. It was enough for a short while and then I started taking part time jobs, mainly undeclared work as a bar keeper.

I wanted to support him and helped him pay his education and our rent. In hope to see him rise...

"You'll grow big eventually and I'll be the first to support you!", He smiled with pride.

I loved him.

.....

Snap back to reality!

I have those flashbacks quite frequently and especially in moments as these.

Today is the day I'll be entering my first art gallery. As the day reached closer I realized how much of a big impact this is going to have on me.

It could be a good or bad one.

I know there are rich people attending that place since it belongs to Idyllic Artem. Rich people across the globe travel not to miss an event and expect the most.

I'm just afraid I'd disappoint people and get judged right away.

My heart hasn't calmed down one bit as I stare out the busy road. I'm tensed all over and I know I'll mess up if this goes on.

"We're here", Solomon mutters as he stares at me. He remains quiet for my sake.

He took the day off and kept his promise, being the first to see my gallery. It warms my heart.

"Thank you for the ride", I unbuckle my seat belt, trying to hide my trembling fingers.

"You've been distant and I'm certain you didn't even realize that I was talking to you during our ride", He then adds causing me to meet his cold dark eyes.

Though he didn't mean it in a harsh way, I can't help but gulp and feel intimidated by his stern face.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you", I tug on my black pencil skirt, "I just have a lot in mind right now"

He doesn't engage further and just sends me a brief smile. It enhanced his handsome face, "You'll do well. I can tell."

Hopefully.

Something about his confidence in me makes me all flustered as I smile back, "I hope so."

"I know so", He keeps his gaze on me, before stepping out and opening the door for me.

Walking beside the tall handsome gentleman in a well tailored suit and tie, we attract a lot of gaze.

I wouldn't blame them. I'd stop and stare at him too.