♕ 08 ♔

[Psalm]

I watched my educational papers and books get ripped apart after pleading it not to be.

Why? Because he found it and knew I was hiding it from him all along. It was the only thing left for me. The only thing thay gave me hope...

Hope to escape this misery, I call 'home'.

"You will never become someone, you hear me!? You were born useless and will always remain useless!" My father scoffed, "Just like your mother!"

My mother left me alone with my abusive and drug-addicted father, who lost his jobs and blamed it on us. She saved her own skin, leaving me behind...

I trembled in anger and anxiety back then. I did not dare to look at him once. I learned from my past mistakes. That it could save me from a beating.

But I was dead wrong.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, you piece of shit!", He slapped me in the face. I would feel the painful pressure on my cheek as I try to hide my tears. Again and again.

"I-I'm s-sorry. P-Please don't hurt me- ", Was all I could say at that time and it did not help me one bit.

"Sorry?", He laughed as his bloodshot eyes remain dead on me, "You make it sound like I'm the bad one here! You're such an ungrateful freeloader!"

Years went by and he found another woman. I thought everything would've changed by then. Finally, I thought a stranger could become a 'mother', I could run to ...

But it only got worse.

They got married, made a daughter and I was just a 'jealous' nuisance to them. I was hated despite living in that place ever since I was born...

Then I met Callum, who took me in when he found out the truth about me.

I felt like I found purpose after all the agony I had to suffer and it was too wonderful for as long as I can remember...

~•~•~•~

"Psalm", I hear someone take me back to reality.

For a short second I saw Callum's face before me with his usual smile. It made my heart sting a bit as I finally realized who was standing before me.

Solomon.

I snap out of my memories as I place a fake smile on my face, "I-I was spacing out. I'm sorry, could you please repeat it again, Sir? "

Way to go, Psalm. Getting fired after your first week.

He looks at me with his dark eyes, causing me to avert my gaze. I can't tell if he's angry or just has a stern look. Despite me working with him for a few days, I can't quite tell how he's like or what he's thinking.

It's freaking me out! But what else to expect from the headchief?

"The files for the extern. I need the form tomorrow evening ", He repeats for my sake.

Oh shoot!

"R-Right. I'm on it ", I nod and hastily type in the file to copy. The papers load in the printer as we remain silent.

C'mon! The faster you're done, the faster he's gone!

I notice how he's staring out the window and take the chance to look at him atleast this once. He has a demeaning, confident and enthralling charm just by his presence. He looks too young to be holding this type of position, but whenever he speaks and thinks he proves exactly why its his place.