Drive- In

Songs:

Songs:
.Im Coolin', No Foolin'- Lesley Gore
.Can't Nobody Love You- The Zombies
.Under My Thumb- The Rolling Stones

*. * ·┊┊.*. * ·┊┊.*. * ·┊┊.*. * · *. * ·┊┊.*. *
The sidewalk hit against my feet as I walked home from school, making a plitter platter sound. The sun was still bright and out, a few clouds littered the sky. It was the end of the week, Friday. My friends, their boyfriends, plus I were all going to the drive-in movie theater after school. It had been a while since we'd all got to hang out, and with school taking up more of our time it felt like there was no room for socializing with each other at times.

I continued walking down the street to my little house on the west side of town. My feet remember every step to the path home. I flipped the lock-up from the iron gate to the yard, unlocking and walking into the house.

"Hey sweetie," my mother said as I made my way through the living room.

"Hey Mom"

"How was your day?"

"It was good, hey is it alright if I go out tonight to the drive-in?"

"You going with friends?"

"Yeah"

"Yeah just be back before midnight"

"Alright, love you I'm gonna head up to my room."

We briefly said bye as I disappeared into my bedroom. I threw my backpack on the ground and collapsed on my bed, sighing from exhaustion. I lay there for a while, drifting from awake to sleep.

After waking from my haze I looked at the clock having no conception of how long I'd been laying here. I shot up as I read the clock at 5:38. I now only had a little bit of time to get ready for the drive-in. I quickly put on a different outfit, fixing my hair, and re-doing my makeup from school.

The clock now read 6:00. I grabbed my coat and headed out the door saying bye to my parents. I headed back onto the street, walking along the sidewalk. The sun was setting, and colors of orange and yellow displayed across the sky as it shone brightly in my eyes.

I came up on the drive-in, seeing cars, and teenagers going into the theater. I made my way in, paying my little cents to the entry gate and scouting the area to see if I saw any of my friends.
I stood to the side waiting to see someone. I then spotted Marcy and Two-Bit laughing with each other by the popcorn stand; I made my way over to them seeing as they spotted me coming.

"Heyy Girl!" Marcy said.

A big smile spread across my face, "Hey girl."

"You guys the first ones here?" I asked.

"I suppose the guys should be coming here soon," Two-bit said. Dallas, Johnny, and one of the girls from my friend group, Sadie were now the last ones to show up.