After the rumble

Song: Reflection by the neighborhood, or crybaby by the neighborhood

┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆ ┊
It was around 9 o'clock when I started to worry about everything. Dallas had told me that he and the gang were going to another rumble; greasers vs. socs. I always hated them, I always hated how beat up the gang would be; especially Dallas. I knew they'd be alright but it still worried the hell out of me.

They left at 8 o'clock, almost exactly an hour ago. I bit my nails, checking outside my window in the hope of seeing them running and doing summer salts in the victory of the rumble.

I tried doing other stuff my homework, drawing, reading, etc; stuff that I usually do, but nothing worked. I had a twisting gut feeling that something wasn't right. "It's just nerves," I told myself.

Time passed; another hour passed by.

"Rumbles never take that long", I repeated to myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by yelling in the streets, and heavy feet running on pavement.
However, there was no cheering, no doing summer salts in victory.
I see greasers running down the street, fleeing to their houses, hiding in people back yards, or any place they could get away. Panic immediately set into me, clueless about what to do.

Through the mist and chaos of the street, I spot Darry carrying Pony under his arm, Johnny following right behind Pony. Steve yells at the socs while he tries to get one to fight; Soda finally grabs Steve and runs to Curtis's house with the rest. My eyes search frantically for Dallas and Two-bit, the last of the gang that I didn't spot in the crowd.

Another wave of panic hits me and I run downstairs as I hear Two-bits voice yell, "Dally!"
My eyes try to look through the dark sky and the stampede of beaten greasers running. I finally see Two-bit and Dallas helping each other run through the streets.

"Oh my god.." I whisper under my breath. I take a glimpse of Dallas and Two-bit from a distance. In a blurry haze, I see blood on their faces and their clothes riddled with dirt. I run out my door and run over to Two-Bit and Dallas.

I look at Two-Bit with panic-stricken eyes. "What the hell happened?!" I say frantically.

"Those socs they tricked us! They brought weapons to the rumble when it was just skin on skin fight!" Two-bit says out of breath with rage in his voice. Something I hardly ever hear in Two-bit's voice. I hear this and frustration fills me. I then turn my head and glance at Dallas.

"Jesus..." I say under my breath. My frustration gets replaced by sympathy and worry as soon as I look at Dallas. Two-bit gives me the same look of worry.

"I got him", I say to Two-bit.

"You sure little lady?" two-bit asks me as his arms relax from holding up Dallas.