She has to remember where her loyalties lie. 

Where do they lie?

"Zeus, even at his worst, is better than what was before", Hypnos reminded her. "It is dangerous to delve so deep in ones anger", his words struck her like a hammer. 

"Anger that deep, is a fatal flaw, my niece."

And that Morana knows. Her own anger would be the death of her if she doesn't suppress it or channel it right. 

But what is right?

☠︎

Morana's feet seem to betray her when they hit the grass of Half Blood Hill. 

Thalia's tree stands as a painful reminder that the moment of weakness was probably seen and heard by the God Morana so much despises. 

But her anger seems to dissolve when she sees the usual hustle of Camp Half Blood. 

Satyrs are picking strawberries, feeding Pegasuses and watering plants. The smell of the fresh Strawberries reaches Morana's nose and it makes her want to roll down the soft grass and just giggle with glee. 

Demigods are piling in and out of the cabins filling one part of the camp. The big house is still blue and it seems like Chiron is out lounging in the sun in his horse form. 

Morana's feet finally decide to lead her down the grassy hill. The flowers tickle her ankles but she doesn't mind. 

The sky is clear despite the occasional rumbling thunder when someone says something that damages one certain God's fragile masculinity. But even that can't dampen Morana's mood as her eyes take in everything about her home. 

"Mor!" Someone yells and Morana feels the corners of her lips lifting up just the slightest. "Scar face", Morana chuckles back, earning a fond laugh with teeth showing. 

Luke Castellan is jogging up the hill, his brown hair flopping up and down a bit, a cheeky grin on his face. 

"You're not dead!" 

His words make Morana's smile widen a bit. "And you're smiling!" The boy's expression turns into a shocked one as he extends his hand for a bro hug. 

Morana claps their hands together. "What's all this about?" Luke asks cheerfully, pointing at Morana's face. The girl rolls her eyes.

Should she?

Gods, she could be dead. Yes she should. 

Instead of letting go of the boy's hand and stepping back, she lets go and wraps her arms around him. 

Luke freezes a bit, taken aback. Then he chuckles and wraps his arms around Morana. Her other hand is over his shoulder, other under his arm. 

"Nice to see you too, Mor", the boy chuckles and Morana pulls back with a sarcastic roll of her eyes. 

But she can't, Luke's arms stay firmly around her, caging her in.