☽♌︎꧁𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫꧂♌︎☾

...☾✽꧁✧꧂✽☽...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...☾✽꧁✧꧂✽☽...

I sprinted round the corner looking for Toby. He had called me and Jim telling us it was an emergency, that the monster he had released was catching up.
Jim was on his newly built blue Vespa so I was a couple of paces behind him. And since I currently don't have my magic at the moment, I had borrowed a weapon from The Forge. A retractable bo staff that I had taken some heavy training on in around three weeks, so I could at least defend myself if something happened, and attack if needed. The wounds I had sustained had started to scar over, giving me some hope that I would be back to normal soon.
I then heard Jim shout "Hop on!" Turns out, Toby had crashed through a fence trying to escape from a monster in the shape of a fire cat.
"Go, go, go! Go, go, go!" Toby protested as he put on his helmet "Adiós, fire cat." Jim muttered.
We had agreed that I would try and distract it, much to my arguing.
Jim revved the engine but it backfired. The fire cat snarled and pushed a trash can out of its way.
"Hey!" I shouted to Jim, drawing my retractable bo staff "Maybe save the jokes for when we aren't gonna die?"
"Come on!" Jim groaned, revving the engine again, this time it worked and they took off down the streets of Arcadia.
The fire cat went to go after them "I don't think so." I whispered, picking up a pebble and throwing it at the fire cat.
The fire cat snarled and turned around, baring it's teeth. It pounced on me, claws drawn, ready to slash me into pieces. I brought the retractable bo staff up with two hands, catching the fire cats two front paws with it. I shook under the weight of the flaming jungle cat. I pushed the fire cat backwards, regaining my footing.
The flames that the cat was made of suddenly began to dance violently with anger, and something told me I wasn't going to be able to fight this.
"Um..." I stared as the fire cat flashed its tail "Bye." I then sprinted down the road as fast as I could looking for the alleyway that Aaarrrgghh and Blinky were hiding in. I heard growling, snarling and the sound of thundering paws behind me, but it only made me run faster.
I bolted into the nearest alleyway to hear "And how was I supposed to know there was a flaming monster hiding in it?" I heard Toby panic. I tried the next alleyway, this time it was the correct one "You bought a magic rock off a troll called Mervin the Monster Dealer. What did you think would happen, Tobes?!" I interrupted, clutching onto the masonry, heaving slightly for breath. "Also, I pissed off the fire cat."
"Blinky," Jim exasperated, looking at some large dumpsters that I learned Blinky and Aaarrrgghh were hiding in "Please tell me you got it!"
"Of course, Master Jim." Blinky emerged behind the slightly smaller dumpster, "You've lured the luminaire right into our stratagem."
Aaarrrgghh them emerged from behind the larger dumpster, peeling a piece of garbage off Blinkys back "Stra-ta-gem?" Aaarrrgghh grunted, sniffing what I know know was a diaper.
"It means, brilliant trap." Blinky explained. A familiar growling noise was then heard from round the corner. The luminaire came trudging round the corner, snarling at us.
"I thought you lost it? It's not supposed to find us for another two minutes." Jim turned to me.
"I did!" I scoffed "Well, excuse me if I don't have a sword of daylight to fight with!" I hissed, taking out the retractable bo staff.
"Never mind that!" Toby yelled. "What's important is that it's here now!"
Blinky stepped forwards and clutched the trap in his hands.
"What are you waiting for?" Jim asked "Throw it!" He urged.
Blinky froze "Um, Master Jim, you said this was a luminaire, when that is obviously an Infernal Hellheeti!"
Jim picked up a trash can and threw it at the Infernal Hellheeti, but the fire cat just jumped over it. Toby had a handful of rocks and other junk in his arms that he was constantly chucking at the Infernal Hellheeti, but that did nothing.
I clutched my retractable bo staff with two hands and attempted to fight the fire cat before it could get us first. I dodged as the Infernal Hellheeti brought down a flaming, clawed paw.
I heard Blinkys voice "Wait— Don't fight it!" But I ignored him.
I rolled away as the Infernal Hellheeti pounced on me, and I missed its teeth by centimetres. I wasn't fast enough to react this time because when I stood up I tripped over one of the cans that were being thrown, knocking me down and the retractable bo staff was sent flying out of my hand. The Infernal Hellheeti stalked towards me, baring it's teeth.
"Should I punch it?" I heard Aaarrrgghh ask.
"Yes!" I quickly said, kicking myself away from the Infernal Hellheeti "Please!"
"Yeah, let his unleash the fury!" Toby cheered, throwing a can at the fire cat as I rolled towards my retractable bo staff, scooping it up and running past the Infernal Hellheeti, back to the group. "I really don't want to know what happens when this Infernal Hellheeti actually makes contact with meltable human flesh!" I shuddered.
"Not yet, Aaarrrgghh." Blinky protested as Jim threw yet another can at the fire cat.
"It came from a rock!" Jim shouted "How many four-legged flaming creatures come out of rocks?" Jim threw a half broken glass bottle.
"As a matter of fact, eleven." Blinky told Jim.
"Thirteen if you consider the ones that hide under rocks." I added. The Aliferous Family Grimoire had a lot of documentary on different creatures and monsters. The writing on the Infernal Hellheeti was old and smudged, also the sketch was awful so I didn't even realise that this monster actually was an Infernal Hellheeti. If we live through this I would have to update it.
Aaarrrgghh jumped forwards "Can I punch it?" Aaarrrgghh roared, eyes and marks on his stone skin glowing a brilliant emerald green.
"So much for him being a pacifist..." I whispered.
"Yes!" Us three humans shouted as Blinky shouted "No!"
Too late. Aaarrrgghh jumped up into the air and growled as he punched the Infernal Hellheeti backwards into a dumpster. Aaarrrgghh took sharp, short breaths and Blinky gasped. Something awful must be happening.
An even louder snarling was heard from inside the dumpster, it was almost echoing. And we soon got the answer about two seconds later. Not one, not two, but three Infernal Hellheetis crawled out of the dumpster.
"I was going to add," Blinky quickly said "Make sure you do not feed the fire by attacking it!"
"Why didn't it do that when I was fighting it?!" I gasped.
"It only does this when it's threatened!" Blinky told me "You must've not been inflicting much pain!"
"Good to know." I muttered. Really, I was only a distraction so I wasn't supposed to be hitting it at all.
"Oops." Aaarrrgghh frowned as the three Infernal Hellheetis advanced in our direction. Two of the Infernal Hellheetis hopped onto dumpsters on either sides of us, while one of them stayed in the centre. This alleyway was a dead end too...It's safe to say, we're cornered.
"Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!" Toby hyperventilated as we all backed up towards a solid brick wall at the back of the alleyway. The two Infernal Hellheetis that were on the dumpsters then started defying gravity and clawing their way along the wall.
"Oh, my gosh!" Toby continued with a squeal, taking a picture of the scene on front of him.
"If we don't want to feed the fire, how do we put it out?" Jim hoarsely wailed.
"You have sour sap, drew dredge, lumpkin oil—" Blinky listed.
"Anything that won't involve me bolting back to Trollmarket and stealing from Vendel?!" I shouted. I know we're not supposed to attack it, but I drew my retractable bo staff anyway, for self defence.
"What about water?" Jim gasped.
"That's the obvious one." Blinky groaned "Where would we get enough of that?"
I saw Toby zoom in on a picture he had taken of the disaster in front of us "A hellheeti hydrant!" Toby suddenly pointed to something on the sidewalk. A bright red fire hydrant.
"Aaarrrgghh?" Jim turned to Aaarrrgghh, a silent request being shared between them.
"On it." Aaarrrgghh held out a giant hand, Jim stood in it and Aaarrrgghh flung him over the Inferno Hellheetis to the fire hydrant. Jim flipped gracefully through the air, transforming on the way "For the Glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command!" Jim plunged down towards the ground, sword of Daylight in hand. When Jim first touched the sidewalk, he slashed his sword through the fire hydrant, letting the water explode into the air, smiling as the Inferno Hellheetis stalked towards him. The Inferno Hellheetis flinched away in fear. Jim used his sword to direct the erratic water towards the flaming jungle cats. The two duplicates of the original Inferno Hellheeti evaporated into steam, yowling in protest. The original Inferno Hellheeti snarled and plunged forwards towards Jim, practically flying through the air. Jim changed his positioning with the sword, spraying the Inferno Hellheeti with water, forcing it to disappear.
Toby laughed proudly, fist bumping Aaarrrgghh.
"Adiós, fire cats!" I smiled, fist bumping Toby.
Jim walked forwards, back into the alleyway, letting himself relax, making his armour disappear.
"We'll done, Master Jim." Blinky grinned, placing his top two hands on Jim's shoulders. "Another victory for our Trollhunter."
"Trollhunters!" Jim quickly protested "Come on guys, it's a team effort." Jim put a hand around my shoulder, and I put a hand around Toby.
"Uh, guys." I sighed "The fire hydrant—" I pointed to the brilliant impression the fire hydrant was doing of an active volcano. Aaarrrgghh picked up the top of the fire hydrant that had been sliced off and forced it back into place. It was extremely crooked but a good effort.
"Close enough." Jim shrugged, strolling out of the alleyway "It's getting close to dawn. You guys better get back to Trollmarket." Jim advised, clipping his helmet on and climbing onto his Vespa. Toby got on the back and I didn't want to walk all the way back home this late at night, so I stood on the back of the seat, trying to balance myself, grabbing Tobys shoulders so I wouldn't fall. We would just have to hope the Vespa wouldn't collapse under the extra weight. It definitely wasn't built for three people.