✧𓆞 𖤐𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𖤐𓆝 ✧

.
.
.

It was sunset in Jims backyard.
I've grown very fond of the day recently, because Bular couldn't jump out at us.
Night now scares me terribly.
Sunsets feel like a warning.
And sunrise feels like hope.
"All right. Do your worst." Jim smiled, holding up his sword, and getting into a battle stance.
Me and Toby looked at each other before picking up a piece of fruit in the piles next to us and aiming for Jim.
Toby picked up a melon.
And I picked up a mango.
Then, we threw.
Jim cut the melon in half and it paused in the air before exploding into nothingness.
I chucked the mango at Jim as hard as I could, but he cut that in half too.
"Whoo-hoo!" Jim cheered, holding up the sword.
Me and Toby clapped.
"I still cannot believe you made me spend my allowance on fruit." I groaned, rolling my eyes. "I was saving up for a new disc, and the old man at the farmers market charges so much for fruit."
"It's all for a good cause, Leo." Jim chuckled. "You just don't like him because you couldn't afford a cabbage that one time and he took your phone until you gave him the money, because you had already touched the cabbage."
"What kind of horrible, cruel, monster takes a phone from a teenager." I sighed.
"That was amazing!" Toby laughed, taking a bite of the taco in his hand.
We had piled up a bunch of crap nobody used in Jim's backyard for him to practice on.
An old lamp from Tobys Nanas cupboard, balls used for sports we got out of alleyways that people had forgotten about, magazines from the bins at school, books that were unbelievably dull, old bulbs from peoples recycling boxes, a chair with a broken leg we got from my attic, three sponges stolen from Jim's bathroom, smaller objects like bouncy balls taken from Tobys bedroom, a couple bricks I had fished out of a dump, the list goes on.
"You know, we probably should recycle these." Toby held up a pile of tied together magazines. "But shredding them is more fun, it's less environmentally conscious, but more fun!" Toby smiled, throwing them at Jim in an Olympics hammer throw style, knocking himself over.
Jim sliced the magazines in two, turning them into tiny ripped bits of paper, letting them flutter through the air
"Oh! Home run! Whoo!" Jim laughed, jumping up and down.
"It's like a ticket tape parade of awesome!" Toby grinned.
Jim's back door then burst open.
"What is this mockery?" Draal growled.
"Oh, hey Draal..." Jim sighed guiltily "Just working on my sword fighting skills."
Me and Toby smiled awkwardly, hurrying behind Jim.
"The Sword of Daylight is not a toy to be played with." Draal grumbled, stomping towards us but staying in the shadows "It is a hallowed obligation I have spent my entire life training to be worthy of."
"You want to take it for a spin?" Jim offered the sword to Draal.
Draal snorted.
Jim held the sword up to Draal.
Draal gasped quietly and took the sword from Jim's hand at pointed it towards the horizon.
Draal gasped, and then frowned as the sword disappeared then reappeared in Jim's grasp.
"Sorry. I forgot." Jim looked at the floor.
"If my destiny is to not hold the sword, perhaps it is to teach you how to properly wield it." Draal sighed.
Draal picked up the discarded lamp and tore off the shade, wielding the pole like a mighty weapon.
Sure, he almost hit us a few times.
"Your blade is but an extension of your body," Draal explained "and your body, an extension of your eyes."
Jim stood in a battle stance.
"Mimic my movements, Trollhunter." Draal instructed.

.
.
.

The sun had now set.
"They've been doing this for hours." I groaned, laying on the floor, next to Toby who was still, somehow, sitting up.
Jim and Draal were still at mimicking movements.
Suddenly Draal charged at Jim, slamming him into his house, causing me to rapidly sit up.
"That kinda hurt." Jim sighed.
"A real fight is never predictable, Trollhunter." Draal chuckled. "You have to expect the unexpected and learn to embody the armour, force it to do what you want."
Jim breathed heavily for a few moments and the amulet lit up, and the sword of Daylight moved from one of Jim's hands, to the other.
Jim tapped Draal on the chest with the sword.
Draal laughed happily at Jim's victory.
"Wow." Jim grunted.
Me and Tobys phones then dinged.
"Message from Blinky." I held up my phone.
"We're supposed to meet Blinky at the museum now." Toby told Jim, as we both stood up.
"I like how we're breaking in, again." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.
"Ah!" Jim gasped "We'll work on this more later, okay Draal?" Jim called to Draal as we went round the side gate and picked up our bikes.
"Bye!" I shouted to Draal.
"Let's go, guys." Jim muttered, riding off, me and Toby following Jim.