꧁✧𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧✧꧂

.
.
.

I had snuck round to Tobys at 6am to prepare a surprise for Jim.
Toby picked up the walkie-talkie and said "Warhammer and Wizard to Trollhunter. Copy?"
"Copy. What is it guys?" Jim asked us from over the road.
"Look out your window!" I smiled.
I pushed open the window, me and Toby held up a cardboard birthday cake that said "Jim, 16."
Me and Toby waved to Jim.
"I think a bird...or something tore away a piece of your drawing, guys." Jim grinned.
"Ah, that was Aaarrrgghh. He thought the cake was real." Toby explained. "Or maybe he likes the taste of paper."
"Any word for Claire?" I asked.
"No, she's not returning any of my texts." Jim sighed.
"Thank you, again, for taking the full blame." I thanked Jim "You really didn't have to."
"Nah, that's okay Leo." Jim said "I knew if you got in any more trouble with your mom you'd be grounded for ages." Jim laughed.
"It's not like I destroyed her house or anything." Jim shrugged sarcastically "Oh, wait. It is."
"Dude, you didn't destroy her house." Toby attempted to pull the cardboard birthday cake back inside the window "Her fake baby brother did."
"Yeah, I'll be sure to mention that." Jim groaned.
"Have you thought about it? Telling her, I mean." I mentioned, tugging on the cardboard birthday cake.
"What? Telling her that her brother has been swapped for a shape-shifting changeling troll because of me?" Jim muttered. "Is there a Hallmark card for that?" Jim asked.
"We could make one?" I suggested "Write what you said before in purple glitter?"
"If there isn't, there should be." Toby said, finally pulling the cardboard birthday cake inside. "In the meantime, ignorance is bliss, and we've got a birthday gift for you that Aaarrrgghh can't eat."
"Toby-pie!" Nancy Domzalskis shrill voice shouted from downstairs "Why is this box empty?"
"Ugh!" Toby groaned "Aaarrrgghh ate the kitty litter again. Gotta go. Warhammer and Wizard out." Toby hung up the walkie-talkie then turned to me.
"Help me make up a lie, pleeeaaase." Toby begged.
"Of course, Tobes." I smiled as we walked downstairs. "How about, Aliens abducted the kitty litter?"
Toby groaned and joked "You're no help."

.
.
.

Next thing I knew, we were getting an emergency message from Blinky.
Except it wasn't actually an emergency.
We were just pretending it was.
And there was no message, this had been planned.
We sprinted over to Jim's house as fast as possible to see the garage open.
"Jim!" Toby shouted "You gotta come quick! There's an emergency in..." Toby trailed off when he saw Dr. Lake.
"The place!" I finished for him. "With the thing. Not even an emergency, actually. It's—" I was cutoff by Toby.
"Hey, is that a food magic?" Toby examined the bright red blender in Jim's hand.
"3000." Barbara smiled "I'll leave you boys to it." Dr. Lake began to walk out of the garage then stopped "But, Jim, tonight...celebration!" Barbara did a little dance.
I internally cringed.
"Looking forward." Jim fake smiled.
The door then closed, leaving us three alone.
"Seriously," I whipped round to face Jim "We've got a Defcon One situation in Trollmarket."
"How do you know?" Jim asked.
"We just do! Come on!" Toby grabbed Jim and dragged him along.
I heard a faint growling nearby...
I turned around to see nothing.
"Weird." I thought, looking around.
We grabbed our bikes and rode off to Trollmarket.

.
.
.

We reached the Hero's Forge to see trolls running about in a panic.
"It's too late, Master Jim!" Blinky shouted, running up to us "Aaarrrgghh has lost his mind! Save yourselves!"
"I thought Aaarrrgghh was at your house!" Jim turned to Toby, his eyes wide.
We heard a loud roar and Aaarrrgghh leapt through the air towards us.
Me, Toby and Blinky quickly got out of the way.
Jim, did not.
Aaarrrgghh banged his fists on the ground and backed Jim up to the edge of a giant blade from The Forge.
"Oh, my god!" Jim gasped "Was it the kitty litter?"
Jim grunted as Aaarrrgghh picked him up and roared in his face.
At the same time, The Forge floor broke up in platforms, decorated with balloons and other stuff.
Me and Toby pulled on one rope and Blinky pulled on another.